We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using SfRotator to loop many SfImageEditors

I am using an SfRotator instance to loop between many SfImageEditors. The view loads up succesfully and am able to go to the different image editors by clicking on the thumbnails but am unable to use the path/pen tool to do some freehand writing on the image editor. Also with the text tool and the shape tool, I cant move around the text box or shape. Does SfRotator only work with images for Source or can it work with SfImageEditors as well?

4 Replies

MG Madhu Ganesh October 31, 2019 05:29 PM UTC

I am following up on my query above and look forward to hearing from you at the soonest since I am on a tight deadline. Is there some workaround for the above? 

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Madhu Ganesh, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have fixed the reported issue Using SfRotator to loop many SfImageEditor. 

Please find the custom assembly from below link. 

Assembly Version: v17.3.0.21 

Note: Please refer the below link to apply the custom assembly   

Disclaimer:

Please note that we have created this patch for the version v17.3.0.21 specifically to resolve the issue reported in this. 

This fix will be included in our upcoming weekly nuget release which is scheduled to be rolled out on 
November 12th ,2019.  

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Hemalatha M. 

MG Madhu Ganesh November 1, 2019 09:52 PM UTC

Thank you for your reply. I was able to get it to work. I have another question: I would like to display text on the thumbnails instead of the SfImageEditor(s). How can I do that?

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Madhu Ganesh, 

Thanks for the update. 

Currently we have a support to display only the same copy of rotator item with small size in the Thumbnail view. Your requirement "Display text on a thumbnail instead of a SfImageEditor" has been achieved by adding ScrollView to the view layout and populating the desired view (Thumbnail view) in it with disabling your default SfRotator’s thumbnail view. 

We have prepared sample which can be downloaded from below link 

Screenshot

You can change the size of Thumbnail view by changing the HeightRequest & WidthRequest of Grid in Thumbnail.XAML page. 

Code Snippet[XAML]: 

Thumbnail.XAML: 

<Grid BackgroundColor="{Binding ThumbBorder}" HeightRequest="50"> 
            <Grid BackgroundColor="{Binding ColorField}" Padding="1"> 
               <Label HorizontalTextAlignment="Center" VerticalTextAlignment="Center" Text="{Binding Text,Converter={StaticResource converter}}" /> 
            </Grid> 
        </Grid> 

Please let us know if you have any other query.  

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon