We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to get the Rich Text Editor?

I am using Visual Studio 2019, and I want to develop an ASP.NET web application using the Rich Text Editor.

I installed Syncfusion.EJ2.AspNet.Core using the NuGet, it added a reference to my project to Syncfusion.EJ2, but it did not add any controls in the Toolbox

Then I installed "syncfusionessentialaspnetcore-js2webinstaller.exe", installed ASP.NET Core, still did not add anything in the Toolbox. When I create a new project in Visual Studio I have the option to create a "Syncfusion ASP.NET Code (Essential JS 2) Web Application", but I don't have an option for ASP.NET, the options are Blazor, MVC, Angular, and React. I don't know any of those! where is the option for ASP.NET web app?

So, how do I add the Rich Text Editor to my ASP.NET web app?

1 Reply

PM Pandiyaraj Muniyandi Syncfusion Team October 31, 2019 05:49 PM UTC

Hi Michael, 

ASP.NET Core EJ2 controls have not support for Toolbox display and so our controls will not be displayed in the Toolbox after installing the NuGet package or build. We need to manually include the controls in your application. When you install the ASP.NET Core build, you have the option called sample creator. So in this sample creator, we can choose our components and then create the application in the ASP.NET Core platform. Similarly, if you install the ASP.NET MVC build, you will get a sample creator in that too to create the samples. 

But we don’t have this support for the Blazor, Angular and React platforms. You need to use the Getting started links to create the application. 

Also, find the difference using the below link. 

If you choose the option ASP.NET Web application(.NET framework), we suggested you create the application using the MVC and install the Syncfusion.EJ2.MVC NuGet to work it as an MVC application. Follow the below getting started for configuring RichTextEditor in ASP.NET MVC application 

NOTE: Also we would like to know you that our EJ2 ASP.NET Web application does not support Webforms 

Regards, 
Pandiyaraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon