We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Porting Winrt app to UWP

Hello,
I have converted my winrt app to a uwp app. However, i am still using the winrt syncfusion library on the UWP. All seem to be working, some minor issues.
My questions are:
1. May this lead to performance issue on the new uwp app ? If yes, how ?
2. If i decide to move to uwp syncfusion library, will there be rework of codes? If yes, to what extent ? Will i have to make changes everywhere i am using the winrt syncfusion control ?
3. Is there a way that i can have a hands on experience of how the migration towards uwp syncfusion library will be? What cod changes i will be expecting ?
Thank you in advance for your response

7 Replies

KP Kanniyappan Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team October 30, 2019 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Brice Yoan Chaton, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 
Solution 
May this lead to performance issue on the new uwp app ? If yes, how ? 
No, it won't lead to a problem of performance. 
If i decide to move to uwp syncfusion library, will there be rework of codes? If yes, to what extent ? Will i have to make changes everywhere i am using the winrt syncfusion control ? 
For both UWP and WinRT, the code snippets are the same. So there's no rework of the codes while you move your codes to UWP. 
Is there a way that i can have a hands on experience of how the migration towards uwp syncfusion library will be? What cod changes i will be expecting ? 
No, both are the same in code snippets so you have to manually migrate your codes to UWP. There's no other way around. 

Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. 

Regards, 
Kanniyappan P 

BY Brice Yoan Chaton November 4, 2019 10:45 AM UTC

Hello,

Thank you for your quick response :) .  I noticed that using the sftextboxext element from the winrt library in the uwp app gives me the following: (see attachement)

In the first textbox there, youll see that we don't have the 'X' for clearing the field. Is there a way to correct this? Or is there any solution?

Kind Regards,
Brice

Attachment: syncfusion_adacff0.rar

BY Brice Yoan Chaton November 5, 2019 12:58 PM UTC

Hello,

If the information asked is not available, I would like to get the styling properties for the sftextboxext

Thanking you in advance

Kind Regards,
Brice

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team November 5, 2019 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Brice Yoan Chaton,  

Thanks for your update. 

We have checked the reported issue “Delete button not displayed in the SfTextBoxExt” from our side. We are unable to reproduce the reported issue from our end. We have prepared the sample for your reference. Please try the attached below sample and let us know if you have any concern on this.

Output:

Sample Link: 

UG Link: 
https://help.syncfusion.com/uwp/sftextboxext/getting-started

We have suspected that there is a break of close button icon while porting. Can you please provide an issue reproducing sample to check the issue and provide a better solution?

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

BY Brice Yoan Chaton November 6, 2019 02:41 PM UTC

Hello,

To fix the issue, i changed the fontfamily of the delete button glyphelement from Segoe MDL2 Assets to Segoe UI Symbol in debug mode as shown in attachment.
I therefore need the complete style for the sftextboxext so that i can change the fontfamily in the code.Can you please provide it.

Thank you in advance for your support

Attachment: Debugvisualtree_3b449a4e.zip

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team November 7, 2019 04:03 PM UTC

Hi Brice, 

Thanks for your update. 

Currently we are validating the reported thing and will update the complete details on November 8,2019. 

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team November 8, 2019 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Brice, 

Thanks for your patience.  

Under your account, we have created a support incident to update the required style of SfTextBox. 

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.  

Regards, 
Hemalatha M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon