We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to set the initial chunk index when uploading in chunks?

At some point like when the browser closes, I need to set the initial chunk index to resume the uploading of chunks.

3 Replies

BC Berly Christopher Syncfusion Team October 28, 2019 12:45 PM UTC

Hi Vinzie,

Greetings from Syncfusion Support,

We have checked your query and we would like to know you that when browser closes and reopens Uploader will be rerendered. So can you please provide the following details to assist you further on this?

• Whether the browser closing while uploading the chunks via EJ2 File Uploader
  • Exact scenario of the facing issue at your end
  • Error messages if any

Regards, 
Berly B.C 

VV Vinzie Villamor October 28, 2019 11:34 PM UTC

Hello,

Thank you for assisting me on this.

Currently, I am facing a kind of issue of I cannot find a way to resume uploading a chunk of file at particular index when the browser is accidentally closes when the upload is ongoing.

What I am trying to do right now is since I am saving the file chunk information (e.g., chunk index, etc.) in the database every time the chunk is uploaded, then I know for sure at which particular chunk index the uploading stops. Now, when the browser reopens again, I can just get the file instance and invoke the upload function from UploaderComponent. However, I could not find a way to set the initial chunk index of the file I am trying to upload. It always start at chunk index 0. 

Can you help me on this?

Thank you.

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team October 29, 2019 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Vinzie, 

We would like to inform you that if the chrome browser is getting closed while uploading is in progress, the component will be destroyed with all the instances. So, we could not persist the data about the uploading files in any place and component will be re-rendered again. This is the default behavior of the uploading process when the browser is getting closed. 

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon