We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Xamarin.Android vs Javascript

Hello,

I want to make an mobile app using the interactive diagram where the user will be creating diagrams on their phone. I saw that xamarin is a native way to make the mobile app but there are not so many functionalities in comparison with javascript. What would you recommend? Is javascipt package created for mobiles? 

Thanks,
Vasiliki

3 Replies

BG Bhuvanesh Gunasekaran Syncfusion Team October 28, 2019 09:32 AM UTC

Hi Vasiliki, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Xamarin diagram functionalities is not like JavaScript functionalities. So kindly share us the required functionality. Based on your requirement we will analyze the feasibility to achieve your requirement 
Regards, 
Bhuvanesh 

VC Vasiliki Chatzigeorgiou November 10, 2019 12:14 PM UTC

Hello Bhuvanesh,

I would like to use the drawing tool from the diagram. https://ej2.syncfusion.com/demos/#/material/diagram/drawing-tool.html
To create simple circle and star nodes with fixed annotation and use the straight and curved connector. I used the demo for javascript from my phone but it was not really responsive. While Xamarin since it's native it will be much better for a mobile app but it does have a curve connector etc. For me it's really important to be responsive for the mobile app so I was not sure what's best to use. If javascript includes some specific controls for mobile use that would make it really responsive it will be great.

Thanks,
Vasiliki

DS Devaraj Sekar Syncfusion Team November 11, 2019 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Vasiliki, 

Thank you for the update. 

The mentioned requirement can be achieved in Xamarin SfDiagram using “Stencil” support. Since, Xamarin SfDiagram does not provide direct support for “Drawing tools in diagram”. We have prepared a sample based on the requirement which can be downloaded from the following link. 

Sample link: 

Regards, 
Devaraj S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon