We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ConvertToPDF

Hello,

I have an issue using the last version of XlsIO (Xlsio;et.ore 17.3.0.19).

I am trying to convert to PDF an Excel Workbook with soome pictures inside.
My issue is the size of the converted PD.

Ex: Excel size : 16Mo    renderer.ConvertToPDF  gives a PDF of 40Mo...

But when I open the workbook and save it to PDF using Excel, the size of the PDF on disk is only 200 Ko.

I tried to use PdfCompressionOptions to compress all the images but this part is not recognize in .Net Core.

Do you have any options so I can overcome this ssue?
Thank you,
Nicolas

Attachment: example_5c1fe897.zip

4 Replies

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team October 28, 2019 09:22 AM UTC

Hi BETBEDER  , 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Please find the details for your queries below. 

Queries 
Details 
I am trying to convert to PDF an Excel Workbook with soome pictures inside. 
My issue is the size of the converted PD. 

Ex: Excel size : 16Mo    renderer.ConvertToPDF  gives a PDF of 40Mo... 

But when I open the workbook and save it to PDF using Excel, the size of the PDF on disk is only 200 Ko. 

We are validating the file size issue of converted PDF document. We will update further details by 30th October 2019. 
I tried to use PdfCompressionOptions to compress all the images but this part is not recognize in .Net Core. 
Currently, we don’t have support for loading the PDF document in ASP.NET Core. Hence, it is not recognizable. 

Regards, 
Abirami 

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team October 30, 2019 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Betbeder, 

On analysis, we found that the file size is increased due to the images used in the Excel file. We are analyzing further to reduce the file size and we will update the details on 1st November 2019. 

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 05:54 PM UTC

Hi Betbeder, 

We have confirmed the issue File Size is increased while converting Excel to PDF and logged a defect report. We will provide the patch for this issue on 22nd November 2019.  

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team November 22, 2019 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Betbeder, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have fixed the issue File Size is increased while converting Excel to PDF and generated custom assemblies for the fix. The custom assemblies can be downloaded from the following link. 

As you are using weekly NuGet release version, we are unable to provide fix in the from of patch and hence generated custom assemblies. We request you to upgrade to the product release version to get fixes in the form of patches instead of custom assemblies. 

The fix for this issue will be included in our release version 17.4 SP-1 which will be rolled out by end of January 2020. 

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon