We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export Gantt Grid as Image

I am trying to export the Gantt control grid using the sample "ExportTo Image_2017" sample solution as starting point, but the grid image always comes out misssing a part of it. I would like to have the complete grid on the image.
Could you guys point me in the direction, so I can complete the idea?
I´m sending the image output as an attachment.
Thanks in advance.

The code:
public void ExporGridtBtn_Click(object sender, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            RenderTargetBitmap bmp;
            BitmapEncoder bitmapEncoder;
            int width;

GanttControl Gantt = this.AssociatedObject.TabControl.SelectedContent as GanttControl;

GanttGrid tmp = Gantt.FindName<GanttGrid>("PART_GanttGrid");
            ScrollViewer chartGrid = tmp.FindName<ScrollViewer>("PART_ScrollViewer");

Gantt.Measure(new Size(double.PositiveInfinity, double.PositiveInfinity));
            Gantt.Arrange(new Rect(new Size(Gantt.DesiredSize.Width, Gantt.DesiredSize.Height)));
            bmp = new RenderTargetBitmap(
               (int)Gantt.DesiredSize.Width, (int)Gantt.DesiredSize.Height, 96, 96, PixelFormats.Default);

bmp.Render(chartGrid);

width = (int)(Gantt.DesiredSize.Width - chartGrid.ActualWidth);

CroppedBitmap crpBmp = new CroppedBitmap(bmpnew Int32Rect(0, 0, width, (int)Gantt.DesiredSize.Height));

bitmapEncoder = new PngBitmapEncoder();
            bitmapEncoder.Frames.Add(BitmapFrame.Create(crpBmp));

SaveFileDialog saveFileDialog = new SaveFileDialog();

saveFileDialog.FileName = "Untitled";
            saveFileDialog.DefaultExt = "png";
            saveFileDialog.Filter = "PNG Files (*.png)|*.png|Jpeg Files (*.jpg)|*.jpg|Bitmap Files (*.bmp)|*.bmp|All files (*.*)|*.*";
            saveFileDialog.FilterIndex = 1;

if (saveFileDialog.ShowDialog() == true)
            {
                using (Stream stream = saveFileDialog.OpenFile())
                {
                    bitmapEncoder.Save(stream);
                    stream.Close();
                    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(saveFileDialog.FileName);
                }
            }
        }

Attachment: Untitled_e5e3548a.zip

1 Reply

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 25, 2019 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Sérgio, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We can export only visible view of the Gantt grid columns in order to export full view of Gantt grid (with expand), we have to export it individually.

Also we can view the Gantt chart with grid in single by loading both images in pdf document.  We have prepared the sample based on this and you can download the sample from the following location.

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon