We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

context menu not working

Hi, I am trying to get context menu to work with angular schedule component.I am getting this error - TypeError: Failed to execute 'getComputedStyle' on 'Window': parameter 1 is not of type 'Element'.

I followed this example - https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/demos/#/material/schedule/context-menu . However, I am using my own custom editor window which is not shown in the example. I also looked at https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/147954/contextmenu-on-listview-item and tried adding a wrapper div with class="tclass" and using that as my target (shown below), but still getting the same error. 

<ejs-schedule #scheduleObj [firstDayOfWeek]="firstDayOfWeek" [showQuickInfo]="showQuickInfo" [workDays]='workWeekDays' [workHours]="scheduleHours" [(selectedDate)]="selectedDate" (actionComplete)="onTarget()" (actionBegin)="onActionBegin($event)" (popupOpen)="onPopupOpen($event)" (navigating)= "onNavigating($event)">

<ejs-contextmenu #menuObj cssClass='schedule-context-menu' target='.tclass' [items]='menuItems'
(beforeOpen)='onContextMenuBeforeOpen($event)' (select)='onMenuItemSelect($event)'></ejs-contextmenu>
<ng-template width="1000px" #editorTemplate>
<div class="tclass">
<table class="custom-event-editor" width="100%" cellpadding="5">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="e-textlabel">Description</td>
<td colspan="3">
<input id="description" name="description" class="e-field e-input" type="text" style="width: 100%" />
</td>
</tr></tbody></table></div>

3 Replies

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 21, 2019 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Jose, 

Syncfusion Greetings. 

With your shared code, we checked your reported issue in which you erroneously defined the context menu within the schedule tag, which is the cause. You need to define the context menu outside of the schedule tag to overcome this. Refer to sample below. 

<ejs-schedule #scheduleObj height='650px' [selectedDate]="selectedDate" [allowResizing]="allowResizing" 
      [allowDragAndDrop]="allowDragDrop" [eventSettings]="eventSettings"> 

<ng-template width="1000px" #editorTemplate> 
        <div class="tclass"> 
          <table class="custom-event-editor" width="100%" cellpadding="5"> 
            <tbody> 
              <tr> 
                <td class="e-textlabel">Description</td> 
                <td colspan="3"> 
                  <input id="description" name="description" class="e-field e-input" type="text" style="width: 100%" /> 
                </td> 
              </tr> 
            </tbody> 
          </table> 
        </div> 
      </ng-template> 
    </ejs-schedule> 
     <ejs-contextmenu #menuObj cssClass='schedule-context-menu' target='.e-schedule' [items]='menuItems' 
      (beforeOpen)='onContextMenuBeforeOpen($event)' (select)='onMenuItemSelect($event)'> 
    </ejs-contextmenu> 

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

JL jose lara October 21, 2019 12:45 PM UTC

good catch! I was focusing on other areas and didn't realize my syntax was wrong. thx

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team October 22, 2019 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Jose, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are pleased that your problem has been resolved.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon