We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Integrating Syncfusion License in my desktop application

Hi,
How can I integrate syncfusion license into my application if i use 17.3.0.14 version.
I have installed Syncfusion Essential studio in my development environment.
I see that licensing model has been changed recently.
What is proper way to redistribute syncfusion binaries along with my software ?

1 Reply

VN Vadivel Natarajan Syncfusion Team October 16, 2019 07:10 AM UTC

Hi Marimuthu, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Yes. Syncfusion introduced the new licensing system from v16.2.0.41 only for Syncfusion NuGet packages and evaluation setup. You have to generate the license key (not unlock key) and register it when the launch of your application as specified in the below help document if you referring the assemblies from Syncfusion NuGet packages or from the evaluation setup to avoid license error message. For more information refer to the below link.   

Refer to the below KB article to know the difference between unlock key and license key.       

Also, please refer to this blog post for understanding the licensing changes introduced in Essential Studio.          

Note:     
License registration is not required if you reference Syncfusion assemblies from Licensed setup (installed location). These licensing changes applicable to all evaluators who refers the Syncfusion assemblies from the evaluation setup and those who use the Syncfusion NuGet packages from nuget.org.   

As you have installed our Essential Studio setup and referring the Syncfusion assemblies from the licensed setup installed location to your application, then there is no need of license registration. So, it will not affect your user when use your application. Refer to the below help link to know about redistribute an application that uses Syncfusion assemblies.  

Let us know if this helps you.  

Regards, 
Vadivel Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon