We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

replace text and convert in list

Hi,

I've made a word document. In this document I replace constants values dabase values, similar at report.

For example, I find [dbName] and I replace for Manolo.

My problem is that I need replace a text, and convert only this text in bullet list, but the entire document is converted in bullet list.

How can I do it?

Thanks

24 Replies

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team October 15, 2019 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

To meet your requirement, we suggest you use Find and Replace functionality to find and replace the text and use ApplyDefBulletStyle API to apply the bullet style to replaced owner paragraph. We have prepared the sample application for the same and it can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/148303/ze/CreateWordSample875237154

Note: Please find the input Word document in the “Data” folder of above sample application.

If we misunderstood of your requirement, Kindly provide us the expected output Word document with dummy data, thereby we will analyze the feasibility further on the mentioned requirement and update you with the appropriate solution at the earliest.

Please refer the below UG documentation link to know more about applying list to the paragraph in Word document using DocIO:
https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/docio/working-with-paragraph#working-with-lists

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

MC Manolo Capdevila October 17, 2019 09:36 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

But I've another problem. When I try open a doc with grouped elements, I get an error: An item with the same key has already been added.

If there is not grouped elements, it works fine.

I attach an example, loading a word, and loading a word with grouped items

Thanks

Attachment: DocIOProblem_e911c380.zip

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team October 18, 2019 10:52 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thank you for your update.

We have reproduce the reported “
An item with the same key has already been added.” exception from our side. We have fixed this issue and we will include the fix in our upcoming Weekly NuGet release which is rolled out on 22nd October 2019.

Note: If you need patch for this fix, please let us know the currently installed Essential Studio version at your end. Thereby, we will proceed to provide patch for this fix.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

MC Manolo Capdevila October 18, 2019 11:27 AM UTC

Ok 22October is a good date.

Thanks!

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team October 18, 2019 12:09 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

As per promised in our previous update,
we will include the fix in our upcoming Weekly NuGet release which is rolled out on 22nd October 2019.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team October 22, 2019 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thank you for your patience.

We are glad to announce that our Weekly NuGet package v17.3.0.19 is rolled out which contains the fix for the reported issue(“
An item with the same key has already been added”) and is available for download under the following link:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.DocIO.Net.Core/17.3.0.19

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

MC Manolo Capdevila October 22, 2019 03:58 PM UTC

Hi,

I've update to version v17.3.0.19 but the error persist.

Attach an example

Attachment: DocIOProblem_3ca75445.zip

GT Gunasekaran T Syncfusion Team October 23, 2019 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Manolo, 

We regret for the inconvenience caused. 

We have missed include a dependent fix related to this bug, so the issue is not resolved for your document. Now, we have included all the dependent fixes for next weekly NuGet release estimated to be available on October 29, 2019. 

Regards, 
Gunasekaran 

MC Manolo Capdevila October 29, 2019 06:13 PM UTC

What about this fix?

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team October 30, 2019 03:55 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thank you for patience.

We are glad to announce that our Weekly NuGet package v17.3.0.21 is rolled out which contains the fix for the reported issue(“An item with the same key has already been added”) and is available for download under the following link:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.DocIO.Net.Core/17.3.0.21

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

MC Manolo Capdevila October 30, 2019 02:45 PM UTC

Thanks a lot!

It works fine now!

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team October 31, 2019 04:19 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

We are glad to hear that the issue was fixed at your end.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We are happy to assist you as always.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran

MC Manolo Capdevila October 31, 2019 11:02 AM UTC

Hi again,

Now, I've two problems

1. In grouped elements, replace function doesn't work
2. Convert doc in PDF, the PDF file is very different than word... why?

I attach an example

Attachment: DocIOProblem_314f3dfa.zip

MR Manikandan Ravichandran Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Regarding: In grouped elements, replace function doesn't work
The reported issue has been resolve and the fix for this issue will be available in the upcoming Volume 3 SP1 release which is rolled out on 5th November 2019.

Regarding: Convert doc in PDF, the PDF file is very different than word... why?

Detail 
Issue 

We can reproduce the issue with “Group shapes are not preserved properly in the generated PDF” from our side and suspect it to be a defect. We will validate this issue and update you with more details on 5th November 2019. 

We suspect this issue occurs due to some of the fonts such as “FSEmeric, FSEmeric-Bold, and FSEmeric-Book” used in the Word document may not get installed in the production environment in which the conversion takes place. We request you to either install the missing fonts or share the above mentioned fonts to proceed further in this issue. 

Regards,
Manikandan Ravichandran

MC Manolo Capdevila November 3, 2019 09:31 AM UTC

Hi,

1. In grouped elements, replace function doesn't work

Ok, thanks for the fix

2. Convert doc in PDF, the PDF file is very different than word

I've change to calibri font, and conversion are different.

I attach docx and pdf

Attachment: VE_8c68ef7e.zip

VA Vijayasurya Anandhan Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 10:24 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Please find the details for your queries below as follows:

1. Changed to Calibri font and conversion are different.
We have tried to reproduce the issue using the provided input Word document in our end, but it is working fine as expected in our end. Please find the generated PDF in our end from the below link.
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/148303/pd/Order_Error_Output1226900306.pdf

2. Group shape preservation:
As mentioned in our previous update, we will update you with validation details for the reported issue with “Group shapes are not preserved properly in the generated PDF
" on 5th November 2019.

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

VA Vijayasurya Anandhan Syncfusion Team November 15, 2019 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

We confirmed that the suspected issue with “Group shapes are not preserved properly in the generated PDF
” is a defect. We have logged a defect report. The fix for this defect is estimated to be available on 20th November 2019.

Note:  We will provide you patch for the reported issue in our latest 2019 Volume 3 SP1 release version "17.3.0.26".

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Vijayasurya A

MC Manolo Capdevila November 22, 2019 02:24 PM UTC

Hi again,

I've update DocIO to 17.3.0.28 version, and now I can't open a word with grouped elements

I attach an example document

Attachment: ResumenOferta__Copia_b32b50cc.zip

SR Suganya Rathinam Syncfusion Team November 25, 2019 12:10 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thank you for the update.

I can't open a word with grouped elements:
We can reproduce the mentioned issue when opening the Word document. We will validate this and update you further details on 27th November 2019.

Regarding
Group shapes are not preserved properly in the generated PDF:
We have fixed the reported “Group shapes are not preserved properly in the generated PDF” issue and the patch for the fix in the version 17.3.0.26 can be downloaded from the following link.
Note: At present, we are not providing patch for weekly NuGet release version such as (17.3.0.28) and so as promised earlier we have provided patch for the issue in our latest 2019 Volume 3 SP1 release version "17.3.0.26".

Recommended approach - exe will perform automatic configuration
Please find the patch setup from below location:
http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.3.0.26/1044582/F148303/SyncfusionPatch_17.3.0.26_1044582_11222019103007800_F148303.exe

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment
Please find the patch assemblies alone from below location:
http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.3.0.26/1044582/F148303/SyncfusionPatch_17.3.0.26_1044582_11222019103007800_F148303.zip

NuGet packages:
http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.3.0.26/1044582/F148303/SyncfusionNuget_17.3.0.26_1044582_11222019103007800_F148303.zip

Assembly Version: 17.3.0.26
Installation Directions:
This patch should replace the files “Syncfusion.DocIO.Base.dll” under the following folder.
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\4.0
Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\ 17.3.0.26\precompiledassemblies\ 17.3.0.26\4.0

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.

Note:
To change how you receive bug fixes, ask your license management portal admin to change your project’s patch delivery mode.
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/license

Disclaimer:
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.3.0.26 specifically to resolve the issue reported in the Forum 148303.

If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.

This fix will be included in our 2019 Volume 4 release which will be available in the mid of December, 2019 tentatively.

Regards,
Suganya R

PR Poorani Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 27, 2019 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

We have fixed the reported exception issue and the fix for the exception issue will include in upcoming Weekly NuGet release which is expected to be rolled out on 3rd December, 2019.

After fixing the exception issue, we have found some preservation issue while performing PDF conversion. We will validate the preservation issue and
update you more details on 29th November, 2019.

Regards,
Poorani Rajendran.

SB Suriya Balamurugan Syncfusion Team November 29, 2019 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Regarding some preservation issue while performing PDF conversion:
We have confirmed that the preservation issue while performing PDF conversion is a defect and we have logged a defect report. We will include this fix in upcoming weekly NuGet release, which will be available on December 03, 2019.

Regards,
Suriya Balamurugan.

SB Suriya Balamurugan Syncfusion Team December 3, 2019 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Manolo,

We are glad to announce that our weekly NuGet package v17.3.0.30 is rolled out which contains the fix for the reported issues while converting Word document to PDF and is available for download under the following link:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/Syncfusion.DocIORenderer.Net.Core/17.3.0.30

Regards,
Suriya Balamurugan.

MC Manolo Capdevila December 4, 2019 03:12 PM UTC

It works perfect!

Thanks!

SR Suganya Rathinam Syncfusion Team December 5, 2019 05:27 AM UTC

Hi Manolo,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We would be happy to assist you as always.

Regards,
Suganya R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon