We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export to Excel

Hi, I would like to export to Excel the data and the format(font, color, cell-size, border...) of my grid. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Raf

3 Replies

SH Stefan Hoenig Syncfusion Team November 4, 2002 05:44 PM UTC

Hi Raf, right now there is no support for exporting these settings into Excel format. We'll work on support for exporting Excel/BIFF format in a future version and should have something ready in a few months. One workaround you might try in the meantime would be to use Excel OLE-Automation, create a worksheet and format the cells. Stefan

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 25, 2004 07:56 PM UTC

I am using Excel Automation to fill the values from the grid to Excel spreadsheet. Do you have any suggestion on how to copy a tree view grid into Excel? I want to preserve the tree view.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 26, 2004 04:16 PM UTC

Hi Subha, Excel does not support direct representation of Hierarchical data, but there is a Group By feature which can be used to give the appearance of a Hierarchical grid. The groupby feature can be found in >>Data>>Group and outline >> group. This feature allows you to collapse a bunch or rows/columns. We can use this feature to collapse every level in the hierarchy. This can be done by using the Essential ExcelRW library. ExcelRW allows you to read and write excel files in native BIFF8 format. ExcelRW also has API support for grouping rows and columns. Could you provide more information on your requirements and the type of grid that you are using [Databound grid, grouping grid,GridControl] so that i can put together a sample demonstrating how ExcelRW could be used to export an Hierarchical grid to excel. However, we will be adding built in support for Essential grid to export Hierarchical tables to Excel. Sorry for the inconvenience. Best regards, Stephen. >I am using Excel Automation to fill the values from the grid to Excel spreadsheet. Do you have any suggestion on how to copy a tree view grid into Excel? I want to preserve the tree view.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon