We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Preview .Doc or .docx file in web browser

We have a requirement where we have to generate a word report using DocIO on home controller using ASP.NET MVC. 

After the report is generated ,  we need to preview the .docx report on the  client side. After the user preview the report, he will approve the report.

Is there a report viewer control in Synfusion where the  user can preview the docx report on the client  side in ASP.NET MVC?

A working sample project will be helpful.

Thanks

3 Replies

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team October 14, 2019 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Robin, 

Thank you for contacting the Syncfusion support. 

Using Syncfusion DocIO, you can create Word Document and you can view the Docx file using Syncfusion DocumentEditor in web browser. 

Please check the below KB link which contains sample for loading existing document from server. 

We will provide sample for document creation using Syncfusion DocIO and view it in DocumentEditor on October 15,2019. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

RK Robin Knight replied to Suriya Murugan October 16, 2019 09:55 PM UTC

Hi Robin, 

Thank you for contacting the Syncfusion support. 

Using Syncfusion DocIO, you can create Word Document and you can view the Docx file using Syncfusion DocumentEditor in web browser. 

Please check the below KB link which contains sample for loading existing document from server. 

We will provide sample for document creation using Syncfusion DocIO and view it in DocumentEditor on October 15,2019. 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

Any update on the sample project  for Syncfusion DocumentEditor along with DOCIO

Thanks
Kapil..

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team October 17, 2019 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Kapil, 

We have prepared the sample with Creating document from scratch using Syncfusion DocIO and opening the same in DocumentEditor. 

1.      Create Document button click will create and open the document in DocumentEditor. 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon