We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Allow grouping in Sfdatagrid causes memory consumption

Hello,

I'm an intern who's working in a trading firm. The firm uses a WPF windows application which mostly consists of graphs and grids. The application used MVVM model. I have used Sfdatagrid in all our windows. Each row consists of 25-30 columns and there can be approximately 50-100 rows. Every row will get updated every second from a service. The service used a dispatcher's begininvoke to update the grids. The grid is bound to its viewmodel and gets updated every second using notify property changed.
     Each row in the grid represents a particular instrument belonging to a group. I have used allow grouping property to group all instruments belonging to a particular group. I have also used Allow Data shaping property for the rows whenever there's an edit in that particular row. There are also 3-4 converters which format the values in the rows every second.( like converting rupees to crores etc)
     I have tested the application with a number of users who have a system configured with 16GB RAM. Memory usage keeps increasing upto 14GB and the disk usage become 100%,  when grouped. There can be approx. 6-8 groups.
     I have also tested the same without grouping. Memory usage was stable and only reached upto 2GB. The application ran for an entire day.
     In a normal case, there can be only 2 or 3 windows opened for the entire day and grouped. This should not increase the memory to 14GB? I have also checked for any memory leaks in the code using the memory profiler and there were none. 

Can anyone help me with this issue?

3 Replies

MA Mohanram Anbukkarasu Syncfusion Team October 14, 2019 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Varsha, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have checked the reported scenario by creating a simple sample based on the provided details. But unfortunately we are unable to find the reported amount of memory consumption in it. Please find the sample we have used from the following link. 

Please check this sample and please let us know if we missed any customization you have done in your application and if possible modify the above sample to replicate the issue in it. Also please let us know how you are checking the memory consumption in your application. It will be helpful for us to provide a proper solution at earlier.  

Regards, 
Mohanram A. 

VN Varsha Natrajan October 27, 2019 03:36 PM UTC

Hey, Sorry for the delay. I'm trying to replicate the issue. Will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks.

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team October 27, 2019 04:15 PM UTC

Hi Varsha, 

Thanks for the update. 

We will wait to hear from you. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon