We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfKanban not working?

I've been trying to get the SfKanban working in an app this morning, but I've had no luck.

Every time I define the columns in XAML I get this error "Android.Content.Res.Resources+NotFoundException: 'String resource ID #0x7f09003e".

I've tried opening the demo provided in the documentation but it also gives me the same error. When I remove the column definitions from the XAML, I dont get the error, but the Kanban doesnt load at all.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, its probably a simple issue, but I cant figure it out.

7 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 7, 2019 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Rhys, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Please confirm us the device and version details in which the reported crash is reproduced as we are not able to replicate it using the below configuration details. 

·       Device - Samsung tablet  
·       Model - SM-T231 
·       API - 19 
·       Android version - 4.4.2 

Also explain us the scenario or provide code sample which will helpful to provide you solution at earliest. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RG Rhys Gordon October 7, 2019 09:03 PM UTC

Hello,

Im just using the example provided here:
 https://s3.amazonaws.com/files2.syncfusion.com/Xamarin.Forms/Samples/GettingStartedKanban.zip?_ga=2.60288493.1326015761.1570165235-751830092.1566112608.

I open it, update the Xamarin Android packages, then run it and get this error "Android.Content.Res.Resources+NotFoundException: 'String resource ID #0x7f09003e".

My package versions are: 
  • Syncfusion 17.3.0.14
  • Xamarin.Android 28.0.0.3
  • Xamarin.Forms 4.2.0.848062
  • NETStandard 2.0.3
Im using 
       ·       Device - Samsung tablet  
·       Model - SM-T595
·       API - 28
·       Android version - 9

Thanks for your help,
Rhys

RG Rhys Gordon October 8, 2019 07:53 AM UTC

Rolled back to SfKanban 17.2.0.51 and it seems to work.

Thanks!

LR Lakshmi Radha Krishnan Syncfusion Team October 8, 2019 04:42 PM UTC

Hi Rhys,

Though we were not able to reproduce the exact issue, we have faced similar issue related to the reported issue. We are providing a workaround to fix this issue, so please add the below highlighted line in the OnCreate override method in the MainActivity.cs file in your Android project and confirm us whether you can able to resolve the reported issue using the below workaround.

Code Snippet:

MainActivity.cs:

protected override void OnCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)

{

Resource.UpdateIdValues();

TabLayoutResource = Resource.Layout.Tabbar;

ToolbarResource = Resource.Layout.Toolbar;

base.OnCreate(savedInstanceState);

Xamarin.Essentials.Platform.Init(this, savedInstanceState);

global::Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init(this, savedInstanceState);

LoadApplication(new App());

}

We have attached the sample for your reference. Please download it from the following location.

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/148097/ze/GettingStartedKanban718361442.zip

We will fix include this fix in our upcoming Weekly NuGet which is scheduled to be rolled out on Oct 15th, 2019.

Regards,

Lakshmi R.

RG Rhys Gordon October 9, 2019 04:54 AM UTC

Thank you! 

Adding "Resource.UpdateIdValues();"  fixes the error.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 9, 2019 05:07 AM UTC

Hi Rhys. 

Thanks for the confirmation. Also, will update you once weekly NuGet is rolled out. 

Please let us know if you have any other queries. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team October 15, 2019 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Rhys, 

We are glad to announce that our weekly NuGet was rolled out today and fix for the reported issue was included in the weekly NuGet. 

NuGet Version: 17.3.0.17

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon