We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to get the changed content in DocumentEditor?

Hi,

I am very new to Syncfusion. I have written a react component using "DocumentEditorContrainerComponent". On this component I want to handle the contentCHange event. But I am not getting how to get the data of the changed content.

Thanks
Sachin

9 Replies

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team October 1, 2019 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Sachin, 

Thank you for contacting the Syncfusion support. 

You can bind contentChange to DocumentEditorComponent like below. 

Documentation link: 

From this event, you can access documenteditor instance by event.source.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Regards, 

Suriya M. 

SS Sachin Shinde October 3, 2019 12:43 AM UTC

Thanks Suriya for the response. What I am looking here is, how to get the changed content from the even object.

Ex: My original document had following line

"Hello everyone"

The change now is

"Hello "

As you see, I deleted the word  "everyone", now how can I get this diff in contentChange using event object?

Thanks
Sachin

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team October 3, 2019 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Sachin, 

Thanks for your update. 

Currently, DocumentEditor does not have support to get current changed content from content Change event. 

Can you please share your end requirement briefly? So that we can investigate further and provide you solution at earliest. 

Regards,
Suriya M.

SS Sachin Shinde October 7, 2019 11:12 PM UTC

Thanks Suriya. Basically I am trying to solve two problems. 

1. Send the changes to my backend server, so want to send only the changed content to backend rather than sending the entire SFTD JSON object.
2. Collaborative editing - The main problem that I am trying to solve.  Collaborative editing functionality like google docs. Is there a way I can achieve this more efficiently?

Thanks and Regards.
Sachin

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team October 8, 2019 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Sachin, 

Thanks for your update. 

Send the changes to my backend server 

On contentchange event, you can load the whole Sfdt data to server but cannot able to detect changed content or particular data and load back to server. 

Using serialize(), you can load the whole Sfdt string only. 
Collaborative editing 
Currently, DocumentEditor does not have support for simultanoues editing of multiple users. We have already logged feature request for this requirement. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.

Now, you can track the status of this feature through below feedback link:

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/6808/option-for-synchronous-editing-by-multiple-users 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards, 

Suriya M. 

SS Sachin Shinde October 10, 2019 01:19 AM UTC

Thanks Suriya for all the information. Any idea by when collaborative editing feature will be added to DocumentEditor?

-Sachin

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team October 10, 2019 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Sachin, 

We do not have any immediate plan to implement this feature. 

We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases.For each and every release, we will prepare the feature wishlist. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will consider the below feature as wishlist to any of our upcoming release. We will update our road map & the scheduled status of the below feedback link once it is taken for implementation. We will update you once these feature are implemented. 

Now, you track the status of this feature through below feedback link. 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

RS Raguri Sasi replied to Suriya Murugan July 11, 2023 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Suriya/Team,

Greetings for the day..!!

Currently, DocumentEditor does not have support to get current changed content from content Change event? 

Has the above issue been resolved?

Best Regards,

R. Sasi Kumar

KM Kavitha Muralitharan Syncfusion Team July 11, 2023 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Sasi Kumar,

Currently, document editor doesn’t provide API to show information about changes made in document content.

We have already logged this as feature request. We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature now.

We usually have an interval of at least three months between the releases. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features once again and finalize features for implementation based on specific parameters, including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. The feedback will be moved to scheduled status with an estimated delivery period whenever we have more information to provide regarding the development of this improvement. We appreciate your patience until then.  

You can track the status of this feature at the following link:

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/25370/api-to-show-information-about-changes-made-in-document-content

Regards,

Kavitha M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon