We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

VB.Net DataBind and DataSource Properties?

Hello,
     I'm currently trying to get the ball rolling on the Kanban board following the setup tutorials. https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnet/kanban/getting-started and http://localhost:12391/kanbanboard/defaultfunctionalities.aspx. Currently using a .Net framework of 4.6 and I have the 17.3.0.9 version of Syncfusion's ASP.Net web forms installed for Visual Studio 2017.

I've added a Kanban board from the toolbox into the aspx page. My Issue is when I convert the C# sample code provided via the demo links, I am getting an error when referencing the Kanban board methods on the axpx.vb page. I noticed the C# code is using "this.KanbanBoard.DataSource and this.KanbanBoard.DataBind(). When I attempt to use it through visual basic: "KanbanBoard.DataSource and KanbanBoard.DataBind()" I am getting the error: "DataSource/Databind is not a member of Kanban".
Is there a different way of getting local data bound to the KanbanBoard in Visual Basic?

Any help or samples would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
-Brian

3 Replies

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team September 30, 2019 08:54 AM UTC

Hi Brain, 

Syncfusion greetings. 

We have prepared the below Kanban sample in VB for your reference. 

Private Sub BindDataSource() 
                Task.Add(New Tasks(1, "Open", "Analyze the new requirements gathered from the customer.", "Story", "Low", "Analyze,Customer", _ 
                                3.5, "Nancy Davloio", "../content/images/kanban/1.png", 1)) 
                Task.Add(New Tasks(2, "InProgress", "Improve application performance", "Improvement", "Normal", "Improvement", _ 
                                6, "Andrew Fuller", "../content/images/kanban/2.png", 1)) 
                Me.Kanban.DataSource = Task 
                Me.Kanban.DataBind() 
End Sub 

Regards, 
Karthi 

BC Brian chu September 30, 2019 05:56 PM UTC

Hey Karthigeyan,

Thanks for the sample, I'll let you know if I have any questions.

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team October 1, 2019 04:36 AM UTC

Thanks for the update. 

We will wait to hear from you. 

Regards, 
Karthi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon