We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Report Designer does not render properly in MVC

I've followed this guide: https://reports.syncfusion.com/documentation/aspnet-mvc/report-designer/add-web-report-designer-to-an-asp-net-mvc-application/ to get a report designer setup on my site; however, when I navigate to the page it doesn't render properly.  I've went over everything and I do not see why it would be rendering like it is. 

My view is just this: 

@{
    ViewBag.Title = "ReportDesigner";
}

@(
        Html.SF().ReportDesigner("designer").ServiceUrl(Url.Content("~/api/ReportDesigner"))
 )

and I have my _Layout.cshtml setup like so: 

in the <head></head> and 

at the end of the <body></body>

I did notice in the guide it said to reference 1.7.2 jquery in the api, but when I look in the Scripts folder it only has 1.10.2 so I updated that part of the API to pull 1.10.2

1 Reply

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 27, 2019 10:31 AM UTC

Hi James, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have validated the reported problem and this problem occur when we missed to specify the height and width for the div element in which ReportDesigner has been specified. We have prepared a simple sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from the below location. 

<div style="height: 600px;width: 100%;"> 
@(Html.SF().ReportDesigner("designer").ServiceUrl(Url.Content("~/api/ReportingAPI"))) 
</div> 

If still face any issue, then modify the above sample to reproduce the issue at our end. It will be helpful for us to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon