We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfAutoComplete auto expand

I have a SfAutoComplete control which is used to populate a list of names. The lookup and selection work with no issues. I am having a problem making the text box of SfAutoComplete auto expand when multiple items are added. I have enclosed the xaml code. I have tried different combination of "Verticaloptions" with no effect.

Attachment: autoexpand_f3af8fb3.zip

9 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team September 27, 2019 09:48 AM UTC

Hi SP, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

We have analyzed your requirement “SfAutoComplete auto expand in token wrap mode” from our side. We have achieved your requirement using the EnableAutoSize support. We have prepared the simple sample based on your requirement. Please try the attached below sample and let us know if you have concern on this. 

Code Snippet: 
<autocomplete:SfAutoComplete x:Name="autoComplete" 
                                     MultiSelectMode="Token" 
                                     EnableAutoSize="True" 
                                     TokensWrapMode="Wrap"> 
            <autocomplete:SfAutoComplete.AutoCompleteSource> 
                <ListCollection:List x:TypeArguments="x:String"> 
                    <x:String>India</x:String> 
                    <x:String>Uganda</x:String> 
                    <x:String>Ukraine</x:String> 
                    <x:String>Canada</x:String> 
                    <x:String>United Arab Emirates</x:String> 
                    <x:String>France</x:String> 
                    <x:String>United Kingdom</x:String> 
                    <x:String>China</x:String> 
                    <x:String>United States</x:String> 
                    <x:String>Japan</x:String> 
                    <x:String>Angola</x:String> 
                </ListCollection:List> 
            </autocomplete:SfAutoComplete.AutoCompleteSource> 
        </autocomplete:SfAutoComplete> 

Sample Link: 

Please let us know if you have any other queries.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

SP SP September 27, 2019 09:39 PM UTC

Thanks! Using the beta version worked. But the SfListView in the second layout does not contract when the top layout expands. The code is the same as the one that I had sent earlier.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team September 30, 2019 12:48 PM UTC

Hi SP, 

We have checked the reported issue in SfAutoComplete and SfListView. We are not clear with your scenario. We have attached the sample and video for the same. 

Sample Link: 

Video Link: 

Please check with the sample and if the issue mentioned occurs in different scenario. Please modify the sample with the issue reproducing sample and also provide the video for the reproducing issue which will be helpful for us to analyze further and provide an appropriate solution. 

Thanks,    
Muneesh Kumar G.   

SP SP October 1, 2019 07:05 PM UTC

Hi Muneesh,
I am unable to run the sample you provided. It seems like files are missing.
I have enclosed a screenshot to explain what happens. I have also enclosed the xaml code.
Thanks!

Attachment: listviewautocompletexaml_a93bddcd.zip

KG Kanimozhi Gunasekaran Syncfusion Team October 2, 2019 09:18 AM UTC

Hi SP,

Thanks for your update.

We have checked the reported issue "SfListView in the second layout does not contract when the top layout expands" in the provided code example. In which you have set height for SfAutoComplete and it's parent control. Due to that reported issue occurred. Now we have set auto height for control parent to solve this issue. Please find the modified sample from the below link.

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/AutoSizing_2-505403945.zip

Please let us know if you have any concern on this.

Regards,
Kanimozhi G.

SP SP October 2, 2019 03:56 PM UTC

Please check enclosed image. This is from the sample that you had provided. Once you add a certain # of items, there is an overlap.

Attachment: overlap_8c2aea1a.zip

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team October 3, 2019 12:55 PM UTC

Hi SP, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

We have checked the reported issue "ComboBox doesn't layout with listView control" from our side and found it occurs due to Absolute layout. We have replaced the AutoComplete with Xamarin.Forms Button and increased it's height dynamically in a button click. 

The same issue occurred while increasing button control height when parent layout is Absolute layout.  

So, we have modified that layout by using Grid to solve this issue. Please find the sample from the below link. 

Please let us know if you have any other query. 

Thanks,   
Muneesh Kumar G.  

SP SP October 4, 2019 04:03 PM UTC

Muneesh,
Thanks, that solved the issue.

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team October 7, 2019 06:25 AM UTC

Hi SP, 

We are glad to know that the given solution works.  

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Hemalatha M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon