We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem with arrow keys in TreeViewAdv hosted in VS.NET 2003 Addin

I am using VSUserControlHost to host a UserControl in my Addin. The UserControl contains a TreeViewAdv control. I am experiencing 2 problems related to arrow keys and TreeViewAdv: 1. Left and up arrow keys work to navigate the treeview. Right and down arrow keys DON''T work, they make the selection disappear and/or hang VS.NET. 2. I have a context menu associated with the TreeViewAdv, and I can''t use arrow keys to navigate the context menu. The arrow keys only end up moving the selection in the tree view underneath the context menu. I use the Syncfusion PopupMenu and PopupMenusManager. I am using Syncfusion Essential Suite 2.0.5.1 and Visual Studio .NET 2003. I verified that an earlier version of our product which used Syncfusion 1.6.1.0 and TreeView (instead of TreeViewAdv) did not have those problems. hugues

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2004 09:19 PM UTC

Hi Hugues, I have created a test sample as per your specifications and tested for the above mentioned issues. These are my observations : 1. The sample worked fine and I could not observe any issues with it. The TreeViewAdv could be navigated using the up/down, and collapsed/expanded using the left/right arrow keys. 2. The PopupMenu associated with the TreeViewAdv too worked fine. I could navigate through the BarItems in the PopupMenu using the up/down arrow keys. Please refer to the test sample attached here and let me know if I have understood your problem correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem and send it back to us so that we could take a look at it. We appreciate your cooperation, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

HV Hugues Valois June 3, 2004 09:59 PM UTC

Thanks for your response. In the context of a standard windows forms application, everything works perfectly. Where I am seeing a problem is when I use the UserControl in the implementation of my Visual Studio Addin Tool window. My control is hosted by the VSUserControlHost shim, which is the only ''supported'' way of creating VS.NET tool windows using .NET controls. I have had a few problems in the past with XP Toolbars and menus when used in that same context, and you guys were able to fix them. Let me know if you need more info. thanks, hugues

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon