We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DatePicker in inline-form from Bootstrap

Hello,

I have a form with using bootstrap style inline-form.
I want insert a DatePicker with a Label to form-group.

```
<div class="form-group">
    @Html.LabelFor(model => model.DateFrom, htmlAttributes: new { @class = "control-label" })
    @Html.EJS().DatePickerFor(model => model.DateFrom).Render()
</div>
```
How can I use class form-control from bootstrap for the DatePicker to get behavior inline-form?
I have this problem with another controls from EJS...

Thank you,
Regards, Andrew

3 Replies

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team September 16, 2019 11:04 AM UTC

Hi Kabanets, 

Good day to you. 

Our Syncfusion form controls are rendered with “display:flex and width as 100%” as an inbuilt style. So, it will be rendered with one by one as a block component. So, we suggest you provide width as auto for the form component by using cssClass as mentioned in the below code example to achieve your requirement. 

<form class="form-inline"> 
    @Html.LabelFor(model => model.DateFrom, htmlAttributes: new { @class = "control-label" }) 
    @* cssClass will be added to the wrapper element of the component *@ 
    @Html.EJS().DatePickerFor(model => model.DateFrom).CssClass("e-inlineForm").Render() 

@Html.EJS().NumericTextBox("sdhg").CssClass("e-inlineForm").Render() 

</form> 
<style> 
    .form-inline .e-inlineForm { 
        width: auto !important; 
    } 
</style> 

Sample:  

Could you please check the above sample and get back to us, if you require any further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

KA Kabanets September 16, 2019 02:32 PM UTC

Hi, Ashokkumar Balasubramanian
Thank you for answer.

How can I get behaviour the label as with standard bootstrap form-controls for small displays?

Regard, Kabanets

Attachment: Screenshot_20190916_at_17.26.47_1e0ff7f0.zip

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team September 17, 2019 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Kabanets 

For this scenario, you can define the width as 100% to achieve the behavior of label as standard bootstrap form-controls in the small display. Please refer the below code block. 

<form class="form-inline"> 
    <div class="form-group"> 
        @* cssClass will be added to the wrapper element of the component *@ 
        @Html.EJS().DatePickerFor(model => model.DateFrom).CssClass("e-inlineForm").Render() 
    </div> 
    <div class="form-group"> 
        @Html.EJS().NumericTextBox("numeric").CssClass("e-inlineForm").Render() 
    </div> 
</form> 
<style> 
        width: auto !important; 
    } 

@@media only screen and (max-width : 400px) { /* You can provide the max-width as per your display resolution*/ 
            width: 100% !important; 
        } 
    } 
</style> 

Please let us know, if you require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon