We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Show busy indicator while updating data

Currently my app has 3 switches, when user tap of the switch i will update some chart data in my tab view,

Currently when the switch is tab, the switch will delayed respond, the switch did not change its isOn state visually. only after all charts has being updated, then the state will change.

what i expected is as follows
  1. User tap on switch
  2. Switch change it's isOn state visually
  3. Busy Indicator show isBusy animation
  4. code proceed to get the chart data and update the corresponding chart
  5. Busy Indicator isBusy false. 
  6. Chart shown updated data

my current code

While the data is loading the barBusyIndicator is not showing at all
Inside loadBarChartData(), just before the method end, i have added isVisible and isBusy to false

6 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team September 13, 2019 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Benjamin, 

Greetings, we have analyzed your query and we would like to request to you the sample that you have tried for SfBusyIndicator. This would be helpful for us to give faster solution.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G 

BE Benjamin September 13, 2019 09:10 AM UTC

I will think about how to provide the sample.

In the meantime, as i am using tabview to display the data. would like to check if it is possible to render content for each tabs in parallel.

the contents to be render in various tabs include, doughnut chart. bar chart, line series, dynamically inserted content and sfdatagrid.

upon app loaded up or when filter is being applied, to show the busy indicator.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team September 13, 2019 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Benjamin 

We have checked the reported issue and we have prepared a sample based on your requirement. The Busy Indicator has been displayed while updating the data. Please find the sample and code snippet for your reference. 

Please let us know if you have any further assistance on this. 

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G.  

BE Benjamin September 14, 2019 03:02 PM UTC

Hi. I have seen the sample provided.

would like to check if it is possible the following scenario?

User enter page > app load tab view and switches > app display busy indicator while getting data for chart and data grid > app load data and render chart and data grid > busy indicator is hidden

BE Benjamin September 17, 2019 09:10 AM UTC

You may assume this request has been fulfilled as I achieved what I wanted following another guide from Xamarin.Forms forums

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team September 17, 2019 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Benjamin, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you have any other queries.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon