We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tab text not changed in TabbedMdiManager

Hello, I am using TabbedMdiManager and DockingManager in my application. I used the following code to change the Tab text in the application. this.dockingManager.SetDockLabel((Control)form,rename.NewFeatureName); ((Form)form).Text = rename.NewFeatureName; ((Form)form).Name = rename.NewFeatureName; ((Form)form).Parent.Name = rename.NewFeatureName; Actually the tab name gets changed but it is not immediatelly reflected in the tab(UI). If i change the tab to floating or docking state, the new name appears. How can i resolve this problem. Thanks, Suresh Mani

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2004 09:01 PM UTC

Hi Suresh, When a docking window is in tabbedMDI state, the docked control is hosted within a DockingWrapperForm (which is actually a MDI child of the host form). Hence in a tabbedMDI state if you wish to change the text associated with a tabbedMDI child, change the text associated with the DockingWrapperForm as shown in the code below : // when in TabbedMDI state DockingWrapperForm dwf = dockedCtrl.Parent as DockingWrapperForm; dwf.Text = desiredText; Please refer to the sample attached here that illustrates the same, and let me know if this meets your requirements. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon