We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XPMenus embedded resource performance problem

I currently have a deployed app which uses Syncfusion 2.0.0.1/.NET 1.1. I am having performance problems with XP menus. If I step through the code in debug mode, embedded resources are being retrieved for the BarItemPositionInfo property of the XP menu via the ResourceManager. This is taking anything up to 4 seconds. Is this a known issue, and is there a work around for the problem? Thanks, Tim. nb. I cannot upgrade to the latest version of SyncFusion suite as regression testing has uncovered a few problems.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 3, 2004 08:41 PM UTC

Hi Tim, Thanks for your feedback on this issue. I have conveyed this information to the development team, and will update you as soon as I hear from them. Our latest release is v2.0.5.14, and this incorporates several performance related enhancements in it. Please open a DirectTrac incident in this regard if you wish to receive v2.0.5.14. We appreciate your patience and cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 4, 2004 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Tim, I presume you are referring to BarPositionInfo and not BarItemPositionInfo. Let us know which version of our libraries are you using (1.0 or 1.1). Please try the following : Remove the BarPositionInfo in the designer generated code and the corresponding entry in the resx file. You will probably have to do this every time after the designer generates code, or you could do this once before deployment. Now the designer set positions of the Bars will be lost. The Bars will then be assigned default positions which do not look bad at all. Let me know how it goes. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2004 06:12 AM UTC

Guru, I am using the 1.1 libraries. I had already been removing the resx information as per your suggestiopn, but thought this was quite inconvenient. I had hoped that there would be an alternative solution. Tim. >Hi Tim, > >I presume you are referring to BarPositionInfo and not BarItemPositionInfo. Let us know which version of our libraries are you using (1.0 or 1.1). > >Please try the following : > >Remove the BarPositionInfo in the designer generated code and the corresponding entry in the resx file. You will probably have to do this every time after the designer generates code, or you could do this once before deployment. Now the designer set positions of the Bars will be lost. The Bars will then be assigned default positions which do not look bad at all. Let me know how it goes. > >We appreciate your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2004 06:12 PM UTC

Hi Tim, Thanks for the update. I am afraid, this is the only workaround that we have for the time being. However, we have considered this as a feature request and will try our very best to reduce the time taken by the application to retrieve BarPositionInfo from the embedded resources. We appreciate your feedback on this issue, and thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon