We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Changes

Hello, 
I was facing a problem in plugin i.e. remove horizontal scrollbar below the plugin. Then I get response that your new release has fix this thing.  I have download the new release of plugin and found bug is fixed now.

I have used the toolbar with syncfusion plugin. Now I want to customize the code of toolbar and use it. My question is when ever you release the update version of syncfusion plugin Is there any way my plugin get updated and custom code remain?

Regards
Pardeep

1 Reply

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team September 3, 2019 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Romeo, 
Greetings from Syncfusion. 
When updating the Syncfusion packages, the changes which has done directly in those files will be cleaned. This cannot be override with custom changes when updating. But instead of that, we recommend you to override the scripts using prototype in your application for any custom changes.  
For example, here overriding the prototype for getCultureValue method of Date picker 
Please find the date picker code changes in below. 

let datepickerObject: DatePicker = new DatePicker({ 
    placeholder: 'Enter a Date', 
    created: onCreate 
}); 
function onCreate() { 
    (DatePicker as any).prototype.getCultureValues = function () {  
        var culShortNames = [];  
        var cldrObj;  
        if (this.locale === 'en' || this.locale === 'en-US') {  
          cldrObj = (getValue('days.stand-alone.abbreviated', getDefaultDateObject())); // To show the day header format as "Sun", "Mon" etc.  
        }  
        else {  
          cldrObj = (this.getCultureObjects(cldrData, '' + this.locale));  
        }  
        for (var _i = 0, _a = Object.keys(cldrObj); _i < _a.length; _i++) {  
          var obj = _a[_i];  
          culShortNames.push(getValue(obj, cldrObj));  
        }  
        return culShortNames;  
      }  

Please let us know if any concerns.  

Regards,