We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ejDropDownList in Spreadsheet

Hi. I am using:
*  filename: ej.web.all.min.js
*  version : 17.2.0.46

This is the way I am creating the spreadsheet:
$("#importSheet").ejSpreadsheet({
            });

Somewhere else, I have this datamanager:
var dataManagerEmployees = ej.DataManager({
                url: "/api/Employees",
                adaptor: new ej.WebApiAdaptor()
            });

which is used in a dropdownlist in an already working ejGrid:
(this is the column within the Grid):
{
                            field: 'Employee_Id',
                            headerText: 'Employees',
                            foreignKeyField: "Employee_Id",
                            foreignKeyValue: "FullName",
                            dataSource: dataManagerEmployees,
                            editType: "dropdown",
                            allowEditing: false,
                            width: 250,
                            visible: false
                        },

My questions are: 
1. Can the same dropdownlist-dataManagerEmployees be used in a column in ejSpreadsheet?  if so, please provide an example. In other words, I need to display syncfusion controls in ejSpreadsheet columns, as per example "https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/6798/how-to-display-syncfusion-controls-in-grid-columns".

2. Can the above be done dynamically at runtime too? like clicking a button and that would add the dropdownlist to a column within the sheet. Please provide an example if so.

3 Replies

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team September 4, 2019 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query #1:  Can the same dropdownlist-dataManagerEmployees be used in a column in ejSpreadsheet? 

Yes, we can bind the datamanager to the spreadsheet columns. For more details, please refer the link below demo Link for binding datamanager in Spreadsheet, 

Query #2: Can the above be done dynamically at runtime too? like clicking a button and that would add the dropdownlist to a column within the sheet. Please provide an example. 

We have checked your reported requirement and we would like to let you know that your requirement can be achievable by using cellType support in spreadsheet. For more details, please refer the below CellType demo sample Link, 

For your convenience, we have prepared the sample that render the DropDownList in Spreadsheet cell using button click event. Please find the sample in below link, 

Could you please check the above sample and get back to us, if you need any further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team May 4, 2020 06:45 PM UTC

In this example: http://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/bo0mgmhn 

Why after add a new dropdown and select the value in the cell and after that you perform scrolling down and scrolling up the value in the dropdown is not retained??

I have the same issue in my application when I use my own source from data.

Do you know how fix that?

Thanks and regards!

SD Saranya Dhayalan Syncfusion Team May 5, 2020 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Josue, 

We have updated the response in the incident #153931 for your reported issue. Please follow the mentioned forum for further updates. 

Regards, 
Saranya D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon