We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

New Signature erase the first one logo

Hi,

I'm succesffully signing documents with multiples signatures. In all of them I set a company logo at the left of the "signature.Bounds" (a PNG file) and a graphic text at the right. The signature is visible and seems like a "stamp" in PDF.

Everytime I add a new signature to the same PDF, its logo is set and shown normally but the logo of any pre-existent signature disappears.  Interesting to notice that all signature's graphic text remains correctly untouchable; only the logo is deleted.

I mean, if I have a signature with LOGO and TEXT in a PDF, adding a new signature to it erases only the logo of this older signature!

I'm using the default commands:

g = signature.Appearance.Normal.Graphics
g.DrawImage(bmp, New PointF(0, 0), ImageSize)
loadedDocument.Pages(0).Graphics.DrawString("Serial: " & Serial(1), Font, Pen, Brush, x, y)

Does anyone have any idea about why it is happening?
I appreciate any help.

Kindest regards,
David

3 Replies

SK Surya Kumar Syncfusion Team September 2, 2019 11:30 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

When creating the signature field with the image in PDF you can use the code snippet in below mentioned UG documentation link: 
Please note that while modifying existing PDF with signature will invalidate the previously set signature in the original document. Let us know if you need any further information. 

Regards, 
Surya Kumar 

DA DavidBS September 2, 2019 04:27 PM UTC

That's the point Surya!

Obviously I read and followed the instructions as mentioned in your message and I can successfully sign a document with even 3 other signatures - since the document is allowed to be signed after.

That's not the point.

The point is, if I set a logo and a graphic-text together with the signature (using the SignatureField) everything is OK until anyone perform the same. In the caso, only the logo disappears - the graphic text and signature remains valid.

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team September 3, 2019 02:05 PM UTC

Hi David, 

As we said earlier when modifying the existing PDF with signature will invalidate the previously set signature in the original document. However we have tried the sample to resign the PDF document to reproduce the mentioned issue and the image is preserved in the resultant PDF. Please refer the below sample for more details, 

Please try the above sample in your end and let us know the result. Could you please share us the input/output PDF documents and code snippet which you have used in your end. It will helpful for us to provide the precise solution on this. 

Regards, 
Sowmiya L 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon