We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF is not loading on mac

Hi,

I'm running a project based on razor pages that uses pdfviewer page and page model. I am running on the mac environment and I use VS community 8.2.5.
I am using the following OnPOSTLoad() for my 

public IActionResult OnPostLoad([FromBody] Dictionary<string, string> jsonObject)
        {
            if (jsonObject == null)
            {
                return this.Content($"{nameof(jsonObject)} is null");
            }

try
            {
                if (jsonObject.TryGetValue("document", out var fileName))
                {
                    var documentPath = GetDocumentPath(fileName);
                    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(documentPath))
                    {
                        var pdfRenderer = new PdfRenderer();
                        var jsonResult = pdfRenderer.Load(documentPath, jsonObject);
                        return Content(JsonConvert.SerializeObject(jsonResult));
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        return this.Content(jsonObject["document"] + " is not found");
                    }
                }
                else
                {
                    return this.Content($"document is missing in {nameof(jsonObject)}");
                }
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                return this.Content($"Exception: {ex}");
            }

an exception occurs on line
 var jsonResult = pdfRenderer.Load(documentPath, jsonObject);

following is the exception info:
Message : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source : Microsoft.Extensions.Caching.Abstractions
StackTrace:    at Microsoft.Extensions.Caching.Memory.CacheExtensions.TryGetValue[TItem](IMemoryCache cache, Object key, TItem& value)   at Syncfusion.EJ2.PdfViewer.PdfRenderer.Load(String filePath, Dictionary`2 jsonObject)   at AHC.BaseTemplate.Areas.CommandCenter.Pages.CareGapManager.GuidelinesModel.OnPostLoad(Dictionary`2 jsonObject) in /Users/mamir/mygit/CC-vNext/AHC.WebApps/Areas/CommandCenter/Pages/CareGapManager/Guidelines.cshtml.cs:line 122

So I have not been able to load the pdf document. I have to mention that this problem does apply when running the code in the windows env and the pdf document loads in windows.

I very much appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Maral

2 Replies

MA Maral August 30, 2019 10:37 PM UTC

*Update:

After you mentioned the changes applied to version 17.2.0.39, I downgraded my asp.net core package to 17.2.0.34 and now it is working! Thank you so much for your help. I really do appreciate it.

Kind Regards,
Maral

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team September 3, 2019 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Maral, 

Thank you for your update.  

We can use the PDF Viewer in Razor pages and find the below KB link for the same with updated the code snippet and the sample, 

Please try this and let us know if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon