We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to perform autosave function while editing in the rich text editor?

I would like to perform a background save function while one is typing inside the rich text editor.

For example while the user is typing continuously i want to perform a background save every 5 minutes.

I wrote the following code for performing the save after a time interval.

public timeOut(): void {
setTimeout(() => {
this.saveData();
}, 3000);
}

I would like to know where to implement this function inside the editor.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team August 29, 2019 07:27 PM UTC

Hi Rahul, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Yes, you can achieve the requirement by using saveInterval property, it will save RichTextEditor’s current value in specified time interval. The change event will trigger if editor value changed compared to previous interval value. 

We have also planned to include ‘Auto Save’ sample in our demo site with upcoming 2019 Volume 3 release. 

We have prepared sample to meet your requirement, please get it from the below link, 

Regards, 
Narayanasamy P. 

RV Rahul V Reji August 30, 2019 05:31 AM UTC

Thanks a lot. Its working. I saw the saveInterval property but i did not know how to use it. This cleared thing up.

Cheers.

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team August 30, 2019 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your update.

We are glad to know that the reported problem is resolved at your end. As per our
plan we will include sample for ‘Auto Save’ functionality in our online demo site. 

Regards, 
Narayanasamy P. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon