We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

Pivot Grid State Persistence

Hey Guys,

Is there any way to save the work that a user has done with the pivot grid so that they could access their changes from the pivot grid control on the site at a later time? Currently everytime the control reloads it resets to its starting setup which is fine but some users need to customize what data is displayed on startup and for each user it would be different. Is there an example of a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Nate

5 Replies

SP Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy Syncfusion Team September 9, 2016 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Nate, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have already provided the “Save and Load Report” support for PivotGrid control and it will be available in the upcoming 2016 Volume 3 release which will be roll out at the end of September 2016. 

Regards, 
Sastha Prathap S. 

MA ManniAT September 29, 2016 10:17 AM UTC

Hi,

I found http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web/pivotgrid/saveandload which looks what you have promised.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work.

I type a name "WithAmount" and click save.
I remove "Amount" field
I type the name "NoAmount" and click save.

Both Names are now present in the combobox.
Next I chose the "WithAmount" and click load.
Nothing happens...

Also the documentation https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/pivotgrid/overview shows nothing about "Save and load".
Also there is no notice in "What's new"... 

This is a bit frustrating.
Since your samples have just "plain view source" and not explanation I don't even know what the example should do - nor how it is done.
Also there is no Controller source with the MVC samples - so in this case (even if it would work) the sample doesn't answer the initial question...

How to save the work a user has done (of course on the server) and load it later again.
To be more precise - the sample looks almost like what I want to achieve...

I have a "Save as" and "Load" functionality.
BUT - that’s it -- not working - no explanation - no server side code..
Further OLAP / Relational / Server / Client is (I guess) "something else" which has nothing to do with the sample topic.
This just makes (from my point of view) the code more complex.

And the "missing field list" makes it impossible to bring back a field if you removed it.

Can you provide a simple sample (snippet) how to achieve:
Place fields
Store the "layout" once a desired result is reached.
Load some "stored layouts".

Thank you 

Manfred

SP Sastha Prathap Selvamoorthy Syncfusion Team September 30, 2016 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Nate, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have fixed the reported problem that occurred in Online sample browser. Please find the Online sample browser link below. 

Also, we have prepared a sample of for your reference that you can easily understand the concept how the report stored and retrieved from the database using WebAPI controller. Please find the sample in the below link. 

Sastha Prathap S. 

RO rohit August 23, 2019 06:52 AM UTC

Hi guys ,

I am trying to save the pivot grid here and I feel the issues still exists

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 26, 2019 11:13 AM UTC

Hi Rohit, 

We have provided the all grouping and filtering support for Tablix Report item. So, we are going to remove the Gird and Pivot Grid report item in our ReportDesigner control in upcoming Report Platform release and it is estimated to release on 2019 September first week . So, could you please use the Tablix report item instead of Pivot Grid as shown in below help documentation to avoiding the mentioned problem at your end. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon