We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MonthView, extreme slow

Hi,
the Scheduler takes a very long time to show the appointments in MonthView [UWP].
We talk about ~500 appointments, from setting the appointment collection till the scheduler is ready it takes about 26 seconds.

That is unusable.
I tried to disable the AgendaView, but that seems not to be possible under UWP?

Regards

5 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 26, 2019 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Siggi, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: Regarding Delay in Schedule MonthView while loading with more than 500 appointments in UWP 

Based on the shared information, we have checked the reported issue and we are not getting any delay and schedule takes default time to load. 

Tested sample for your reference, 

Sample link: Schedule 

Kindly modify the shared sample to reproduce the issue and revert us with more information such as device configurations, layout and SfSchedule version. We have tested the scenario in simple sample, if you have used any customizations please share details on that custom views or settings also. It will be helpful for us to analyze further and provide you a better solution. 

Query 2: Regarding disabling AgendaView 
As per Schedule implementation there is no separate view for Inline in UWP platform so AgendaView will be shown for both Inline and Agenda views. So, to disable AgendaView you need to set ShowAppointmentsInline and ShowAgendaView properties to false. 

Code Snippet: 

<schedule:SfSchedule  x:Name="schedule" ShowAppointmentsInline="False" ScheduleView="MonthView"> 
        <schedule:SfSchedule.MonthViewSettings> 
            <schedule:MonthViewSettings  AppointmentDisplayMode="Appointment"ShowAgendaView="False" > 
            </schedule:MonthViewSettings> 
        </schedule:SfSchedule.MonthViewSettings> 
    </schedule:SfSchedule> 

We hope this helps. Kindly revert us if you have any concern. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SI Siggi August 27, 2019 06:01 AM UTC

Hi,

your provided sample is fine, I changed it a little bit so that the data collection is created everytime the visible dates changed event fires.
But then it is still OK.

After a while I found the reason why it's so slow in my app. I use ONE recurrence appointment (daily).
I modified the sample so you can switch the usage of the recurrence appointment on/off, and then you see the difference.
With the recurrence appointment it takes the scheduler really a long time to show the appointments.

Hope you can help me on this one....
Regards

Attachment: Schedule_4cba6d7a.zip

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 27, 2019 01:14 PM UTC

Hi Siggy, 

Thank you for your update. 

We can able to notice the delay while loading Schedule with Recurrence appointment starting from 1.1.0001. Currently, we are analyzing the same with source level. We will validate and update you further details on or before August 29, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

SI Siggi August 28, 2019 05:53 AM UTC

Hi,
thank you very much.
I found a workaround for now, setting the start date of the recurrence appointment to the first of the visible dates works fine.
Regards

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 28, 2019 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Siggi, 

Thank you for the update. We are happy that you have achieved your requirement in sample level.  

Although we have considered to improve the performance in the mentioned scenario and internally logged the report for the same. We will improve the same in any of our upcoming release. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon