We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Selection shape and custom cell

Hi

I want the SelectionShape to be a circle with a custom dataTemplate on my calendar, but the following code doesn't work (this is the part of the MonthViewSettings).

<Syncfusion:SfCalendar.MonthViewSettings>
     <Syncfusion:MonthViewSettings SelectionShape="Circle">
          <Syncfusion:MonthViewSettings.CellTemplate>
               <DataTemplate>
                    <Grid HorizontalOptions="Center" BackgroundColor="{Binding BgColor}">
                         <Label Text="{Binding Date.Day}" TextColor="{Binding LblColor}" HorizontalTextAlignment="Center" VerticalTextAlignment="Center"/>
                    </Grid>
               </DataTemplate>
          </Syncfusion:MonthViewSettings.CellTemplate>
     </Syncfusion:MonthViewSettings>
</Syncfusion:SfCalendar.MonthViewSettings>

SelectionShape works fine without custom cells. Is there a way I can change my code so I can use this anyway?

Regards,
Jens De Rijcke

5 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team August 26, 2019 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Jens, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your requirement “Month cell selection shape not applying for custom view” and which is the expected behavior. Selection shape can be customizable, which will work only in the default month cell view. When setting custom view, default view will be replaced with the custom view, so the default month view settings selection won’t apply. For custom view selection, you must need to handle by your own, which is the expected one. 

Please let us know, if you have any concern. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

BB Burak Bakirsoy April 5, 2020 12:20 PM UTC

"you must need to handle by your own, which is the expected one. 
Would be so kind to share a sample for this.

MS Muniappan Subramanian Syncfusion Team April 6, 2020 06:10 AM UTC

Hi Burak Bakirsoy, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have checked your requirement of “Custom view Selection” in SfCalendar, we have prepared a sample for the same, please find the sample by the following link.  

We hope this helps. Please let if you if you have any concern.  

Regards, 
Muniappan S. 

BB Burak Bakirsoy April 7, 2020 08:05 PM UTC

Dear Muniappan ,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer. I checked it and it is really a nice solution.
But what I need was something simplier and different.
I attached the view ı want to get as a result. 
I managed not showing day (1,2,3 ..) information but a simple gray circle instead.But I couldn't manage to get cricle for daysselected as in the attached image.
Thank you very mch in advance.

Regards
Burak

Attachment: screen_shot_8c527ce3.rar

SS SaiGanesh Sakthivel Syncfusion Team April 8, 2020 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Burak, 

Thank you for the update. 

We have checked the reported query “Selection multiple dates inside the cell template” from our end. As per calendar implementation if we use custom cell template we cannot achieve multiple selection so we regrets to inform that as of there is no support to achieve multiple selection inside the cell template. 

Please let us know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
SaiGanesh Sakthivel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon