We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfComboBox opens with wrong highlighted Value

I have a few annoying issues with the SfComboBox Control.

1. Wish the ShowSuggestionOnFocus should only open the List, when i click in the SfComBox with the finger. It should not open when Android sets the focus to the control.

2. The List should not open when i delete the value. If I want to open the Suggestion List I click another space of the control. But when clicking the X I just want to delete the value.

3. If there is a Value within the SfComboBox and I click in it and it opens the Drop Down. The selected Value should be the first item in the List (right Scroll value) and should also be highlighted.

I attached a simple sample App. And made a video where i filmed the problems.
https://youtu.be/kskaCJVKKMY

Please excuse my english :-)

Attachment: App8_fe4af57d.rar

1 Reply

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 22, 2019 11:10 AM UTC

Hi Alexander, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.

Query 1 : Show drop down list only when finger click 

We have analyzed your requirement and we have prepared a work around for the same. This can be achieved by setting FocusableInTouchMode API of parent layout to true.  

This passes the touch to the parent layout when Android sets focus to the control and this prevents the control to be focused initially. We have attached the sample in the below link. 

Code Snippet: 

LinearLayout linearLayout = new LinearLayout(this); 
linearLayout.FocusableInTouchMode = true; 

Query 2 : Disable drop down list when clicking the X 

We have achieved this by checking the value of ComboBox in SelectionChanged event while pressing the delete button as per the below code snippet.  

Code snippet: 

SfComboBox comboBox; 
comboBox.SelectionChanged += ComboBox_SelectionChanged;

private void ComboBox_SelectionChanged(object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs e)
{
        if (e.Value == "")
              comboBox.IsDropDownOpen = false;
}

Query 3 : The selected Value should be the first item in the List 

We have already fixed this issue and the fix will be available on our next weekly nuget release, which will be available on August 27th 2019.  

Please let us know if you have any other queries.  

Thanks, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon