We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Copy Paste issue

An editor is having issue copying for web pages and it is giving an error somewhat "attribute is not declared" like as below

Please help to fix.

13 Replies

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team August 19, 2019 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Kundan, 
Thank you for contacting the Syncfusion support. 
Can you please refer the below link to create the controller for SystemClipboard? 
https://github.com/SyncfusionExamples/EJ2-DocumentEditor-WebServices/blob/master/src/Controllers/DocumentEditorController.cs

If you still facing issue, could you please share your WebAPI project? So that we can investigate further validate and provide you solution at earliest. 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

KU Kundan August 20, 2019 03:15 PM UTC

Hi Suriya

The code I am using is quite similar but it is referencing different "WordDocumentObject" under "Syncfusion.EJ2.DocumentEditor" namespace.

I have attached the controller file as requested to check.

Attachment: DocumentEditorController_5608c5a7.zip

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team August 21, 2019 10:43 AM UTC

Hi Kundan, 

Thanks for sharing the information. 

In your controller file for importSystemClipboard, you are using WordDocument.Load method. You can change the code like below and then try running sample. 

WordDocument document = WordDocument.LoadString(param.content, GetFormatType(param.type.ToLower())); 

string json = Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObject(document); 

document.Dispose(); 

return json; 

You can load the string directly using WordDocument.LoadString method. 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

KU Kundan August 21, 2019 05:22 PM UTC

I tried as per your suggestion but it is still not working and giving error as below

I am trying to copy-paste content from a website
specifically HTML table content

Hope this helps

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team August 22, 2019 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Kundan, 

To paste, copied content from browser(html content), we are using Syncfusion DocIO library.  
 It supports only the HTML files that meets the validation either against XHTML 1.0 strict or XHTML 1.0 Transitional schema. 

From provided screenshot, we can able to confirm the issue because of html content does not meet validation. So, only error thrown. However, in client side, we have handled the code to convert the html content to welformatted xhtml content. 

Can you please share the copied html content which thrown error? So that we can investigate further and provide you solution at earliest. 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

KU Kundan August 22, 2019 05:17 PM UTC

I feel the issue is with every dynamic HTML content but you can check for the content as below

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head></head><body>
<table class="table dataTable no-footer dtr-inline collapsed" id="gvPatientDetails" role="grid" aria-describedby="gvPatientDetails_info" style="box-sizing: content-box; border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0px; max-width: 100%; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); width: 1232.67px; margin: 0px auto; clear: both; border-bottom: none; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial; table-layout: fixed; overflow-wrap: break-word; height: 350px;"><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;"><tr data-patientid="1427" role="row" class="odd" style="box-sizing: border-box; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><td style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 8px 10px; line-height: 1.42857; vertical-align: top; border-top: 1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221);">1</td><td style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 8px 10px; line-height: 1.42857; vertical-align: top; border-top: 1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221);">26/07/2019 20:31:30</td><td style="box-sizing: content-box; padding: 8px 10px; line-height: 1.42857; vertical-align: top; border-top: 1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221);">Maa Mahamaya Hospital</td></tr></tbody></table>

</body></html>

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team August 23, 2019 01:59 PM UTC

Hi Kundan, 
Thanks for sharing the content. 
We have tried to reproduce the issue by following steps: 
1.      Copied the provided html content and paste it in html file. 
2.      Opened the html file in browser. 
3.      Then copied the table and paste it in DocumentEditor. 
Table gets pasted without any script error. 
Regards, 
Suriya M. 

KU Kundan August 23, 2019 02:25 PM UTC

Hi Suriya 

I tried the steps that you followed but I am getting the same error.

Not sure how your code is different from mine.
Can you please a sample of your code razor MVC to me?

Thanks.

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team August 27, 2019 06:09 PM UTC

Hi Kundan, 
As mentioned earlier, to paste the copied content from browser(html content), we are using Syncfusion DocIO library.   
 It supports only the HTML files that meets the validation either against XHTML 1.0 strict or XHTML 1.0 Transitional schema.  
To validate input html, we are using IsValidXHTML method. If provided html is supported format, it will allow to paste. 
Please check the sample of WebAPI in MVC in below link: 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

KU Kundan August 31, 2019 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Suriya

Even your sample does not work for copying mixed content from web pages.

It seems there is something I am missing at page client-side JS or Syncfusion do not support copying content from the web page if the copied content is having custom attributes.

I would request to have a meeting if you are still not able to replicate the issue.

Thanks.
Kundan

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team September 2, 2019 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Kundan, 

We have created new incident under your account, we have further follow-up on the newly created incident regarding this issue. 

Regards, 
Suriya M. 

KU Kundan March 7, 2020 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Support

Please advise a time for a meeting for the same.

We are still not able to fix the issue.

Thanks.
Kundan

HC Harini Chellappa Syncfusion Team March 9, 2020 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Kundan, 

We have reopened the incident which we have created under your direct trac account. We have updated the response for your query in that incident. Kindly check it. 

Regards, 
Harini C 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon