We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Attaching a selection event callback to Listview with v17.2.0.40-beta

After the most recent update of Syncfusion for Blazor (v17.2.0.40-beta, v3.0.0 preview 8), it seems that the old way of registering a selection callback on a list item (Selected="callbackmethod") no longer works. I can't find any other way of registering such a callback that both compiles and doesn't throw an exception. What is the recommended way of doing this now?

Thanks!

Dave

7 Replies

KM Kanagambigai Murugan Syncfusion Team August 15, 2019 11:55 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Currently, we are working on migrating our Syncfusion Blazor components to .NET Core 3.0 Preview8. We will include this support in our upcoming patch release which is expected to be rolled out on 21st August 2019. We will get back to you with the updated sample once the release rolled out. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Kanagambigai M. 

DM David Murray August 15, 2019 11:10 PM UTC

Thanks Kanagambigai. I see from other posts that you have your hands full with breaking changes in Preview8. I can wait, no problem.

MR Mohan Ravi Syncfusion Team August 19, 2019 01:05 PM UTC

Hi David, 

Thanks for your understanding. 

As promised, we will get back to you with our Blazor components migrated to dotnet SDK v3 Preview 8. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Mohan 

DM David Murray August 21, 2019 10:17 PM UTC

Hi Mohan,

I just installed v17.2.0.46-beta and I still have the same issue I described in my original post on this thread. Is this the version that is compatible with Preview8? If so, It looks like there may still be an issue.

Thanks

Dave

MR Mohan Ravi Syncfusion Team August 22, 2019 07:31 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Thanks for the update. 

I have checked your reported issue and Listview Selected event working as expected. We suspect that it might be due to cache.  
We recommend you clear your local Nuget with below command, clean your project and solution. 
dotnet nuget locals all –clear 

Also I have mentioned various ways of attaching an EventCallback to the Listview. Check them below with attached sample. 
 Directly attaching an EventCallback 

<ListViewEvents Selected="@SelectedEventCallback"></ListViewEvents> 

Invoking your callback inside Lambda Expression 
 <ListViewEvents Selected="@((e) => { SelectedEventCallback(e); })"></ListViewEvents> 

Inside Lambda Expression (for simple case)  

<ListViewEvents Selected="@((e) => SelectedItemValue = e.Text)"></ListViewEvents> 

Please feel free to contact us again, if you are still facing this issue. 
GitHub Sample browser location: https://github.com/syncfusion/ej2-blazor-samples 

Regards, 
Mohan 

DM David Murray August 25, 2019 08:32 AM UTC

Thank you Mohan, this is working now.

In fact, I wasn't aware of the ListViewEvents approach - this is why I was still having trouble.

Regards

Dave

MR Mohan Ravi Syncfusion Team August 26, 2019 10:12 AM UTC

Hi David, 

We are glad to hear that issue has been resolved. In the v17.2.46-beta, Events had a breaking change where all the Component Events syntax has been changed into separate tag. 

We recommend you take a close look at Release notes for each release. 

Regards, 
Mohan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon