We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SplitButton popup gets closed if a selection is done on a dropdown of his child element

Hello,

I am having this problem with split button where I put a template in the popup that contains DropDownComponent (basically any component that has its own popup) and when I select something in dropdown the split button popup gets closed as well.

I prepared an example to showcase my problem: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-146139-sample-modified-vk282w?file=app.component.html

To recreate:
1.) click on the button to open popup.
2.) select an item from dropdown list
3.) both popups get closed (problem)

I need a work-around or help with implementation so that only the child element popup will close first and then if i focus out of the split button only then the main popup closes.

Thanks in advance.
Marko.

3 Replies

SD Saranya Dhayalan Syncfusion Team August 15, 2019 03:50 PM UTC

Hi Marko, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support, 

We have checked your reported issue, we need to validate more on this. And we will update you the further details on August 19, 2019. 

Regards, 
Saranya. 

MB Marko Bezjak August 16, 2019 08:43 AM UTC

Hello,

Very well. Thank you.

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team August 19, 2019 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Marko, 

Thank you for the patience. 

We have checked your reported scenario and it can be achieved using workaround solution in the beforeClose event as like in the below code example, 

Code Example 
public beforeClose(args: any): void { 
    if(closest(args.event.target, '.e-ddl')){ 
        args.cancel = true; 
    } 
} 

For your convenience, we have prepared a sample. Please check the sample in below link, 

Could you please check the above sample and get back to us if you need any further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon