We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfChart Axis Flicker

Hello, I am using Syncfusion for WPF 17.2460.0.34.

I am working on a cpu/gpu demanding application which shows hundred thousands datapoints at once, refreshing every 500 ms.
The performance of the SfChart control is sufficient, however, since the current version, everytime I assign a new ItemsSource to the Series bound to the SfChart,
the both axis begin to flicker on every update.
In version 17.1460.0.47 everything was fine, and I have indeed confirmed that the bug is occuring only in the newest version.

It seems I am not able to reproduce the bug as well using a sample project, since I have found out that the flicker is more visible when the app runs slowly.
It would be the best to test this on a slower machine.
I have prepared a GIF.

Thank you.

6 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 14, 2019 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Daniel, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

We have analyzed your query and we unable to get the series type used in your application. We suggest you to use our FastLineBitmapSeries to improve the performance. Please refer below user documentation for details about this series type.  

If still face the problem, please update us your application files which are used Syncfusion controls and calculation. This would be helpful for us to give better solution in this.  

Thanks,  
Muneesh Kumar G.  

DA Daniel August 14, 2019 01:46 PM UTC

I am already using FastLineBitmapSeries with thickness 1. 
As I said, the performance is not the problem. Flickering numeric axis' as shown in the GIF are.
I am having problems replicating it on a sample so that it occurs all the time.
When I maximize the window it disappears and when I resize it down it appears again.
Were there any changes on SfChart axis updating mechanism? Again, it wasn't happening on older version.

DA Daniel August 15, 2019 08:11 AM UTC

Okey, it seems that the problem is being caused by a theme from older WPF theme studio. I will try to update it and tell you how it went.

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 15, 2019 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,  

Thanks for your update and we will wait to hear from you. 

Thanks,   
Muneesh Kumar G.  

DA Daniel replied to Muneesh Kumar G August 15, 2019 09:38 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,  

Thanks for your update and we will wait to hear from you. 

Thanks,   
Muneesh Kumar G.  

I can confirm it is an issue with custom style template on the newest SfChart library update. Updated template did not help.
I have prepared a sample project that shows the issue. 
It is required to have a debugger attached on the executable, otherwise the bug is not shown due to optimizations.
I have included the older SfChart library in the project, so you can see that it works on that version without bugs.

Attachment: SfChartFlickerBug1_86fdf932.zip

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team August 19, 2019 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,   

Thanks for your update,  

We have analyzed the provided sample and we found that the reported issue occurs due to custom LabelStyle for axis. In our latest version we have done label instant measuring for every moment. So that the axis label style reflects each update in axis.  

You can resolve this by setting label style properties directly in axis instead of using LabelStyle as per the below code snippet.  

Code snippet 

<Style TargetType="charts:ChartAxisBase2D"> 
        <Setter Property="CrosshairLabelTemplate" Value="{StaticResource axisCrosshairLabel}"></Setter> 
        <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="{StaticResource ContentForegroundBrush}"/> 
        <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="{StaticResource AxisLabelFontFamily}"/> 
        <Setter Property="FontSize" Value="{StaticResource AxisLabelFontSize}"/>       
            <Setter Property="Template"> 
            <Setter.Value> 
                <ControlTemplate TargetType="charts:ChartAxisBase2D"> 
                </ControlTemplate> 
            </Setter.Value> 
        </Setter> 

We have attached modified theme file in below location, please find it.  

Please let us know if you have any other queries.  

Thanks,   
Muneesh Kumar G.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon