We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Loading Docs from string location

Hi,

I am having problems loading pdf documents from an external source.
Using the method in the syncfusion documentation doesnt work for me.
So the way my app works:

I have buttons on a page. When you click on one of the buttons the app loads another page with a listview with all the pdfs in a specific folder on the tablet
Then when you select a file in the listview it has to open another page with the pdfviewer on it displaying the pdf
My problem then is that I pass the location of the pdf through from the listview as a string.
How can I use that string to load the document?

1 Reply

GR Gayathri Ramalingam Syncfusion Team August 15, 2019 01:21 PM UTC

Hi Gerrit, 

We have analyzed the feasibility and created a workaround to open the PDF document from the device local storage using SfPdfViewer in Xamarin.Forms. 

For your reference we have also published KB for the same from below link, 

Note:   

• The PDF files and the file paths used in the code snippet as well as in the sample are only meant to be examples. Before running the sample or using the code in your own application, please ensure that the PDF files exist in the specified paths. The file name and path can also be changed to suit your needs.
  • The input PDF files can be placed in the local disks of Windows (desktop/mobile) device and the storage directories of Android device manually.
  • But in iOS, manually placed or downloaded files cannot be accessed by an application. For an application, the file must be in the sandbox of the application according to the documentation to access a file. 

Regards,  
Gayathri R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon