We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Multiselect checkbox not opening in material-ui Drawer

Hello, 
I'm trying to implement MultiSelectComponent with the checkbox display inside a material-ui Drawer(Sidebar). But when I open the the Drawer, the MultiSelectComponent doesn't work.

It works without the checkbox option, though. 

I also had the same problem when trying to use the MultiSelectComponent  inside Material-ui Dialog.

I have already tried to lazy load the component, and to use the z-index option, but it doesn't seem to work.

Could you help me solve this problem please? 

Regards, 

Attachment: MultiselectSuport_48be3432.zip

1 Reply

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team August 13, 2019 01:50 PM UTC

Hi Nicolas, 

Good day to you. 

We have validated your reported issue and we found that material material-ui Drawer(Sidebar) is enforce the focus the model element caused this issue. By default, MultiSelect checkbox mode enable the filtering option and the filter bar shown inside the popup. The popup is appending to body element. So, when we click the input element popup will be opened with focus on the input, at same time enforceFocus() calls in drawer modal class. We have checked the issue related already raised query in the below github page. 

We suggest to you disable the filtering option. We have prepared sample based your scenario. Please find the code snippet, 

Code Example 
<Divider /> 
<MultiSelectComponent dataSource={days} 
                        fields={{ text: "label", value: "value" }} 
                        placeholder="Select days" 
                        mode="CheckBox" 
                        allowFiltering={false}> 
    <Inject services={[CheckBoxSelection]} /> 
</MultiSelectComponent> 
<Divider /> 

Could you please check the above sample and get back to us if you need any further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon