We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dialog and newline

I have an array of strings that I have to show in a dialog. 
Is it possible to insert a carriage return between one string and another to have each string on a different line?

7 Replies

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team August 5, 2019 12:03 PM UTC

Hi Pio Luca Valvona, 

Good day to you. 

We are not clear about your query regarding dialog control, can you share the addition details about your query, like what have you tried, your code snippet and share the expected output. Refer the below link for documentation about the dialog control in MVC. 

Please let us know, if you have any concern on this. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

PL Pio Luca Valvona August 5, 2019 04:48 PM UTC

This is my code:

@Html.EJ().Dialog("ErrorList").ShowOnInit(false)
$("#ErrorList").ejDialog("setContent", response.alerts);
$("#ErrorList").ejDialog("open");
"response.alert" is a list of string.

Result is attached.

I need every string in the list to be displayed on a new line.

Attachment: dialogResult_352567b6.zip

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Pio Luca, 

Thank you for sharing the code block. 

Based on your requirement, we have prepared the sample for display the array of strings in Dialog component, please find it below. 

Note: For this application, we have added the pre tag in application level, so could you please ensure, if you are applying any styles for this element? 

Please let us know, if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

PL Pio Luca Valvona replied to Ashokkumar Balasubramanian August 6, 2019 03:48 PM UTC

Hi Pio Luca, 

Thank you for sharing the code block. 

Based on your requirement, we have prepared the sample for display the array of strings in Dialog component, please find it below. 

Note: For this application, we have added the pre tag in application level, so could you please ensure, if you are applying any styles for this element? 

Please let us know, if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Thanks for the support, the change you've shown me works as expected, but a bootstrap style is applied.
 Is there a way to have the same result without changing the style?

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team August 7, 2019 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Pio Luca, 

Thank you for your concerns. 

As per your concerns, we have removed the pre tag and used custom class to achieve your requirement in below sample. Could you please check sample and update your concerns? 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

PL Pio Luca Valvona replied to Ashokkumar Balasubramanian August 7, 2019 02:35 PM UTC

Hi Pio Luca, 

Thank you for your concerns. 

As per your concerns, we have removed the pre tag and used custom class to achieve your requirement in below sample. Could you please check sample and update your concerns? 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Thanks for the support Ashokkumar , the change you've shown me works as expected. It's perfect,

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team August 7, 2019 05:29 PM UTC

Hi Pio Luca, 

We are glad to hear the problem has been resolved. Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon