We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Null DatePicker

Does anyone have a way to allow for "null" date-times with a date picker control. My app has a lot of date fields that are not necessarily populated. I need a way for these to be displayed as invisible... I am sure the answer is staring me right in the face. Thank you,

83 Replies

SB Steven Boydstun November 1, 2002 06:47 PM UTC

Did you find an answer to this, we are struggling with the same...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 4, 2002 05:20 PM UTC

Essential Tools will have a DateTimePickerExt in our next version within a few days, which among other features will support Null dates. Regards, Praveen Ramesh Syncfusion, Inc.

JH Jeremy Hannon November 11, 2002 06:21 PM UTC

Thank you! This really is an essential tool!

JO John November 19, 2002 04:54 PM UTC

I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

IB Istvan Bagyura December 11, 2002 10:07 AM UTC

Hi! I'm very interested in it! Could you send me this source code? Thanks. My email addr: bagyura@hungary.com B.I.

SR Stephen Roche December 16, 2002 06:00 AM UTC

That problem has been bugging me for days. Please sent fix to stephenr@changecorporation.com.au Thanks Stephen

SK Shardool Karnik December 17, 2002 05:09 PM UTC

Can you mail me the code please ... my email is Shardool@hotmail.com .... Thanks !!!

CS CSHANNON January 8, 2003 12:01 AM UTC

> I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

CS CSHANNON January 8, 2003 12:03 AM UTC

I too am interesting in having your datetimepicker. My email: cshannon@direcway.com

OU Oussax January 9, 2003 06:45 AM UTC

Please could you send me the fix too? It would be great. Thxs Mail : Moussa.Azar@ifsal.com Thxs in advance

DO Dominique January 24, 2003 10:54 AM UTC

Hi John, It seems that you have solved this famous DateTimePeeker that does not allow null value ! Could you send me your version of it ? I would be very glad to use it. Thanks. Dominique (dod@cdi.ch)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2003 02:16 AM UTC

Hi John, can u email me the solution u had for date time picker? i have been searching for this solution..thanks a lot of the help! Noelle

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2003 02:26 AM UTC

sorry, my email addr is: leenoelle@yahoo.com

MF Mauro Fiore February 4, 2003 07:45 AM UTC

I too am interesting in having your datetimepicker if it's possible. Thanks. My email: mauro.fiore@aq.camcom.it > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

MA Marlis Arnolds February 12, 2003 06:50 AM UTC

Hello John, just now I have the "null-date-problem" you described and I would be very happy, if you will send the source to my email address. Thanks, Marlis

MD Mike Demmons February 18, 2003 07:01 PM UTC

Please send source code to me as well. Much appreciated! ......./mike > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

MD Mike Demmons February 18, 2003 07:02 PM UTC

Oops... forgot to post email. mike@centerlineonline.com Thanks again

RI Richard February 25, 2003 06:37 PM UTC

Please send me the source code as well > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

SE Sean February 28, 2003 04:12 AM UTC

Hi. John. I am very interested in your code. The null dtp problem has bothered me for a long time. Could you send me your code to me please. Thank you very much. My email is : xszhu@yahoo.com Sean. > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

RE Raphael Eschmann February 28, 2003 09:42 AM UTC

Hi. John. Like almost every body, I am very interested in your code of your "boost" dtp. Could you send me your code to me please? Thank you very much. My email is : raphael.eschmann@getronics.com Raphael

RR Ran Reytan March 8, 2003 10:25 AM UTC

Hello John, Long list you got here, I would be happy to get the code too, I managed to do it myself and wondered how you did it.. Maybe better than me, maybe the same. Thanks, Ran. ranr@elad.co.il

DO doug March 8, 2003 01:20 PM UTC

John, Yes please... send me the Null DatePicker code Doug doug.kaye@btinternet.com

JO John March 10, 2003 09:48 PM UTC

i have sent the code to the ones who posted their email, so if you want the code post your email.

SL Sam Leslie March 19, 2003 05:36 PM UTC

Please send me the source as well, THANKS ALOT Sam.Leslie@us.abb.com

JA Jane March 26, 2003 06:30 AM UTC

> i have sent the code to the ones who posted their email, so if you want the code post your email. > i am impressed of yoour component! Could you please send it to me with the source code?

JA Jane March 26, 2003 06:34 AM UTC

> i have sent the code to the ones who posted their email, so if you want the code post your email. > i am impressed of yoour component! Could you please send it to me with the source code?

AL alberto March 26, 2003 06:52 AM UTC

I'm Very interested in your solution for the null value. Could you send me your component? My email is agil@scadasoft.com Thank you. > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

BM Brian Morale March 26, 2003 02:21 PM UTC

> i have sent the code to the ones who posted their email, so if you want the code post your email. > I too would like a copy of your code, if it is possible. Thanks, Brian Brian.Morale@MisysHealthcare.com

JO John March 27, 2003 01:35 PM UTC

This is the source code of the null datetimepicker, bind the control to the 'value' property, it will return a null to your binding when there is no valid date on the control.

BI Bilfinger May 15, 2003 11:03 AM UTC

PLEASE SEND IT TO ME TOO!!! IF THIS WORKS YOU ARE A god. - deji@everdesign.com thanks > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

KR Kristin May 20, 2003 08:00 PM UTC

Sounds great. Please send me that code. Thanks. echolsk@saccounty.net

XY xyz May 21, 2003 04:20 PM UTC

Please send it to me. A lot of thanks, xyz. > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 24, 2003 05:16 AM UTC

Can you mail me the code please ... my email is kinghyhui@hotmail.com.... Thanks !!!

SW Steve Wilson May 26, 2003 03:57 PM UTC

Hello, I know this is very late but would you kindly send me the source code for the null datepicker. Thank you Steve Wilson. steve.wilson@lineone.net

JD James Dwyer May 29, 2003 02:55 AM UTC

Hi John, Could you pls send me the DateTimePicker you created with the source code. It sounds pretty awesome. My email is james_bdwyer@hotmail.com Thanks James

RI Rick May 29, 2003 05:14 AM UTC

Wow, I can stop beating my head on the wall - could you please send me a copy as well: rickey.donald@lucite.com Thanks. > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 4, 2003 12:22 PM UTC

First of all: John posted his code just above in the message from 3/27/2003. click on the little disk to download. Stop asking the code.

CH chrisw June 5, 2003 05:01 PM UTC

I am having problems dropping this control on my form from my toolbox. I am getting a error - Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture(or the neutral culture).... It is compiling correctly. Any ideas?

CH chrisw June 5, 2003 05:28 PM UTC

Sorry. I had to create a usercontrol project. I added it to my Windows Control project. It works great. Thanks. > I am having problems dropping this control on my form from my toolbox. > > I am getting a error - Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture(or the neutral culture).... > > It is compiling correctly. Any ideas? > > > >

VF Veronique Fugere June 9, 2003 04:51 PM UTC

Would it be possible to get the source code for this control? Thank you

JV Jinto Varghese June 11, 2003 03:27 AM UTC

Hi John, I am interested in your Null DatePicker. Could you send across the source code for the same. Thanks in advance, Jinto. > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

JV Jinto Varghese June 11, 2003 03:33 AM UTC

Oops... I missed out mentioning my email ID. It is jintov@mindtree.com > Hi John, > > I am interested in your Null DatePicker. Could you send across the source code for the same. > > Thanks in advance, > Jinto. > > > > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code >

SK Sanjay K Dixit June 13, 2003 08:49 AM UTC

> Does anyone have a way to allow for "null" date-times with a date picker control. > > My app has a lot of date fields that are not necessarily populated. I need a way for these to be displayed as invisible... > > I am sure the answer is staring me right in the face. > > Thank you,

AD Adi June 23, 2003 06:51 PM UTC

> I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code Hi John, Could you please send me the DateTimePicker you created with the source code. My email is adimuraru@rdslink.ro Thanks, Adi

AD Adi June 23, 2003 07:13 PM UTC

> Does anyone have a way to allow for "null" date-times with a date picker control. > > My app has a lot of date fields that are not necessarily populated. I need a way for these to be displayed as invisible... > > I am sure the answer is staring me right in the face. > > Thank you, I use a trick to allow null values in DataTimePicker Control. Private Sub PutNullValues() DTPicker1.Format = 8 DTPicker1.CustomFormat = Chr(32) End Sub Hope this will help you....

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 4, 2003 01:06 AM UTC

Hi, Can I have your source code of Null DateTimePicker?I have the same problem Tks in advance > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

TR truonganhtuan80@yahoo.com July 4, 2003 01:11 AM UTC

Hi, I also would like one > i have sent the code to the ones who posted their email, so if you want the code post your email. >

LI Liuzzo July 9, 2003 06:31 PM UTC

I too would appreciate it if you sent me the datetimepicker. Thanks in advance!

NZ Nouman Zaheer July 11, 2003 12:51 PM UTC

please send me ,i really appreciate thanks Nouman

VY vyrus July 14, 2003 03:34 AM UTC

please send me the code too! thanks! vyrus626@hotmail.com

WE wesley July 14, 2003 09:52 PM UTC

I am really interested in your new dateTimePicker, please send me one copy. Thanks

DA DavidF July 15, 2003 01:45 AM UTC

I am really interested in your new dateTimePicker, could you please send me a copy of the source. to david.followes@ceo.woll.catholic.edu.au Many Thanks

AR Arun July 15, 2003 11:34 AM UTC

Can you send me the code to fix the null issue with the date control. We have a deadline and we are stuck with this issue. TIA AK

ST SteveO July 18, 2003 01:13 PM UTC

I too am very interested in your solution. Please email. Thanks very much. SteveO steveo4@ix.netcom.com > i have sent the code to the ones who posted their email, so if you want the code post your email. >

PI Piotr July 24, 2003 05:52 AM UTC

Hi. Can I ask for the source too? My email: piotrz@zoom.pl Thanks in advance

SO Sobio August 15, 2003 04:21 PM UTC

Your solution seems interesting, can I ask for the source code too? Thanks, Sobio

SO Sobio August 15, 2003 04:22 PM UTC

Your solution seems interesting, can I ask for the source code too? My email: lsobio@alstyle-apparel.com Thanks, Sobio

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2003 06:08 PM UTC

The answer is here:- http://www.binarymission.co.uk/bndpicknet.aspx I got this link from Winforms.net web site. > Does anyone have a way to allow for "null" date-times with a date picker control. > > My app has a lot of date fields that are not necessarily populated. I need a way for these to be displayed as invisible... > > I am sure the answer is staring me right in the face. > > Thank you,

DL David Lopez September 1, 2003 04:46 AM UTC

I'm also interested in this sourcecode. david@servimat.net

DA Danny September 1, 2003 11:34 AM UTC

I'm also interested in this sourcecode. daniel.woolston@farmade.com

SH Shyju September 8, 2003 03:52 AM UTC

Hi all, Its easy, u have a ShowCheckBox property for the datetime picker, set it to true at design time, so if the user wants to enter a null date he would uncheck the checkbox and vice-versa if he wants to enter a date. u would have to check in code if the DateTimePicker1.checked == true OR false, based on that u could proceed with ur application. > Does anyone have a way to allow for "null" date-times with a date picker control. > > My app has a lot of date fields that are not necessarily populated. I need a way for these to be displayed as invisible... > > I am sure the answer is staring me right in the face. > > Thank you,

ZA Zax September 11, 2003 08:21 AM UTC

gr8! da Cud you please send me the code.

SG Sanjay Gonsalves September 11, 2003 09:46 PM UTC

Hi John, Your famous solution is begging for another owner. Would love your solution. Please email me at karsans@wantree.com.au Thanks Sanjay > I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. > the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. > it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

ZA Zax September 15, 2003 08:31 AM UTC

Hi, can u please forward me the code, my email is zaxh@yahoo.co.in

KR Krzychub September 17, 2003 06:26 AM UTC

Hi John. Can You send me Your Null DatePicker with source? Thanks.

VR Voda Roland September 24, 2003 06:34 AM UTC

Hi! I'm very interested in your datetimepicker that allows null! Could you send me this source code? Thanks. My email addr: vodaro@home.ro

DM Doris Manning September 24, 2003 12:15 PM UTC

Could you send me a copy of your DateTimePicker source code. Thanks, Doris Email address is: mikedorism@ntelos.net

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2003 07:50 AM UTC

I was wondering if you're so kind enough to send me this fix. Many thanks in advanced.

KN Karl-Heinrich Nagel October 20, 2003 06:39 AM UTC

Please send me your code too. Thank You! post@ncv.de

PA passerby November 3, 2003 05:28 AM UTC

> Hi! I'm interested in the null datetimepicker! Could you send me this source code? Thanks. My email addr is: zixian.geo@yahoo.com

HA Hex Adezimal November 14, 2003 02:42 PM UTC

> > Hi! > > I'm interested in the null datetimepicker! > > Could you send me this source code? > > Thanks. My email addr is: hadezimal@hotmail.com

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team November 14, 2003 06:28 PM UTC

This is the source code posted by John on 3/27/03 (Its still available through the floppy icon above his message). Linked below for convenience: http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/Uploads/dtpX.zip

IZ izar March 1, 2004 10:21 AM UTC

I have downloaded the file. How can I add the control to the control bar? What do I nedd to do exactly? thanks

JU july March 3, 2004 12:58 PM UTC

I had download this file but i dont know how to use it. It said can't load this control...

MC Me Crazy Coder March 17, 2004 05:37 AM UTC

my email id is : mecrazycoder@rediffmail.com Thanks a lot john.. Cheers

RO Rodrigo September 5, 2005 02:44 PM UTC

Hi, do you still have this code? I would appregiate it if you could send me a copy. I am very interested in your kind of solution. Kind regards, Rodrigo

MA Manikant October 4, 2005 12:38 PM UTC

DateTimePicker has a property ShowCheckBox which can be used to have null data.

RE Romuel E. Cale February 28, 2006 03:38 AM UTC

Can i have it too pls? thanks.

RE Romuel E. Cale February 28, 2006 03:39 AM UTC

Can i have it too pls? thanks. my email add is: romuel_e_cale@yahoo.com

TO tom April 16, 2006 02:21 PM UTC

Can you please send me a copy of your source code? Thanks, Tom >I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected. >the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null. >it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

DA Daniel October 31, 2007 01:55 PM UTC

I don't know if you're still reading these, but I'd like to receive this code as well.

Question: Can the user select a date and enter their own time as well? In addition, of course, to leaving either one null if they wanted to?

>I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected.
>the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null.
>it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

DA Daniel October 31, 2007 01:57 PM UTC

You should see the email from the reply, but just in case you didn't:

danielp@obix.net

Thanks!

>I don't know if you're still reading these, but I'd like to receive this code as well.

Question: Can the user select a date and enter their own time as well? In addition, of course, to leaving either one null if they wanted to?

>I have developed a datetimepicker with the same properties as the one in visual studio, but it allows null values when there is no date selected.
>the way i developed this is access the databinding and update the value of the dataset or datatable or object to null.
>it works prefectly without a glitch, if you are interested send me an email, and i ll send ou the source code

PA paul January 3, 2008 05:05 PM UTC

Please send me the code to if you still monitor this forum to paul.smock@ltcps.com

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon