We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Remove auto-sorting Grouped Column

Is it possible to not sort automatically a grouped column or use a custom sorting?

3 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team August 2, 2019 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Elio,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Query: “Is it possible to not sort automatically a grouped column or use a custom sorting? 

We would like to inform you that, if grouping action is performed for a column in Grid, then the column will be auto sorted, because it is easier and fastest way to club/group the records. This is the default behavior of grouping in Grid. 

Currently we do not have support to perform custom sorting in Blazor. We will validate the feasibilities of the custom sorting support and update you the further details on 6th August 2019. 

Till then we appreciate your patience.  

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan

LT Luke Teal December 2, 2021 07:46 PM UTC

This would be a very useful feature. I am currently working on a priority list tool and the order of the priority list is based on column I would like to group by. When I group by it, it throws the priority list out of order because it overrides our sorting. Has there been any development on this?

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team December 3, 2021 07:43 AM UTC

Hi Luke,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Query: “When I group by it, it throws the priority list out of order because it overrides our sorting. Has there been any development on this? 

We have analyzed your query and we understand that while grouping the column, changes order of your priority since the column is being sorted. We would like to inform you that we have provided sort comparer support in Grid in our 2021 Volume 3 release. please find the release notes regarding the same from below  

Using sort comparer feature, you can sort a column data in your own customized way. This sort order will be maintained while grouping the column also. Please find the online sample for sort comparer from below sample browser. 

Please get back to us if you have further queries.  

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon