We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Date displaying as empty box

Hi

ive been trying for the last few hours to get the asp.net web forms controls installed in my web app without success, but all i see for a datepicker is an empty textbox, but the calendar icon shows up when i look at in design view.

im pretty sure ive followed the instructions in 'getting started' to the letter but must have missed something and some of the documentation there dosnt seem to match up with what gets installed in the programfiles x86 folder when you download the controls

for example it says you need to copy these 2 files to the scripts folder but i cant find them under the ...{ver}/javascript folder or subfolders, so are then now needed? although they can be found under the samples folder

·  query.easing.1.3.min.js

·  jquery.globalize.min.js

jquery-1.10.2.min.js seems to be missing but is mentioned in the link below

i found an old link from 2016 that seems to be what im experiencing & it said the solution was to check the references, but it didnt work

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/118411/can-not-see-the-datepicker

heres the relevent extract from my site.master

<link rel='nofollow' href="~/Content/ej/web/default-theme/ej.web.all.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<script src='<%= Page.ResolveClientUrl("~/Scripts/jquery-3.3.1.min.js")%>' type="text/javascript"></script>
      <script src='<%= Page.ResolveClientUrl("~/Scripts/jsrender.min.js")%>' type="text/javascript"></script>
      <script src='<%= Page.ResolveClientUrl("~/Scripts/ej/ej.web.all.min.js")%>' type="text/javascript"></script>
      <script src='<%= Page.ResolveClientUrl("~/Scripts/ej/ej.webform.min.js")%>' type="text/javascript"></script>

<style type="text/css">
      </style>
   </head>

ive attached a graphic showing some of the important files i added to my project

i also cant get the sample project shipped with the download working, it just bombs with the below, it purports that the info can be identified in the stack trace, and perhaps its my lack of knowledge but i have no idea where to start looking, its as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike to me

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Microsoft.WebTools.BrowserLink.Runtime.Tracing.PageInspectorHttpModule.OnPreRequestHandlerExecute(Object sender, EventArgs e) +494
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +144
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +50
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +73

thanks

Bob

Attachment: aspissues_9dbd058d.zip

2 Replies

BN Bob Needham August 1, 2019 05:39 PM UTC

Hi

After a day looking, i found an answer to make the controls start working, but i dont yet know why
or what implications it has for the rest of my ASP.NET Web Forms site, so i'll have to do some
more research but my heads spinning atm. maybe this is worth a mention in the syncfusion asp.net
getting started section

i simply removed the following line from my web.config and it now all works

<add key="UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled" value="true" />

hope it helps someone

Bob

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team August 2, 2019 04:19 PM UTC

Hi Bob,  

Good day to you.  

We regret for the inconvenience. For getting started with Asp.Net we have documented steps in the below link  

We have included the basic concepts of Asp.Net web forms like server-side events, view state etc. in core concepts topic of below link 

Since unobtrusive mode is core concept of MVC, we have included this in our MVC document. Please refer to the below given link 

Could you please check the above details and get to us if you need further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon