We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

refreshing grid background

Sorry to bug you guys about this - could have sworn I read this somewhere, but can''t seem to find it. How can I refresh the area immediate right of the last column and below the last row? I''m running into a situation with my virtual grid where my Excel-like selection frame is leaving some residual painting in this area after I move the selection. Thanks in advance, Terry

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 1, 2004 03:49 PM UTC

Try setting grid.SmoothControlResize = false to see if that takes care of the problem you are seeing.

TF Terry Foster June 1, 2004 04:15 PM UTC

Nope - didn''t change anything. Actually, I''m seeing the problem all over the place, but I''m working around it by refreshing the affected cells using the RefreshRange method. However, it also happens on the grid''s background and I''m trying to remember the best way to refresh this area. Thanks, Terry

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 2, 2004 07:31 AM UTC

To force a redraw on the grid''s client area that is not occupied by the grid cells, you can call grid.Invalidate passing in the rectangle you want to to refresh. To get the rectangles you want to refresh, try this code: Rectangle bottomRect = this.gridControl1.ViewLayout.RectangleBottomOfRow(this.gridControl1.ViewLayout.LastVisibleRow); Rectangle rightRect = this.gridControl1.ViewLayout.RectangleRightOfCol(this.gridControl1.ViewLayout.LastVisibleCol, GridCellSizeKind.ActualSize);

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon