We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can float window be tabbed back to Document state on float close or dragged back to parent

Hi team,

I have been trying to use WPF DockingManager for getting my content as tabs using syncfusion:DockingManager.State="Document", at this point I am able to get a float window when I double click on the header and Im able to move it to a secondary monitor. But, when i close the float window it disappears, I would rather like it to be placed back in the parent window at the same position from where the tab was actually made a float window. 
Also i should be able to drag the float window onto the parent window and the float should be tabbed at the original location.
Wanted to know if there is a direct property at syncfusion:DockingManager level or individual ContentControl level. If not any sample to achieve the same would be of great help.

Thank you.

3 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team July 30, 2019 10:05 AM UTC

Hi Srikanth Vattipally, 

Thanks for contacting sycusion support. 

Query 1: 

Closed float window(before float changed from tabbed state) in secondary monitor should be updated back to the primary monitor as tabbed window. 

We have checked your query at our end and prepared the sample based on your requirement. After closing the float window, you can restore the float window back to the tabbed state by invoking the window closing event.  In the attached sample, we have changed closed window state from float to document with help of window closing event. Closed window can be retrieved from EventArgs of the closing event. Please find the code snippet and sample for the same.  

Code Snippet: 
XAML 

WindowClosing="Docking_WindowClosing" 

C# 

private void Docking_WindowClosing(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls.WindowClosingEventArgs e) 
{ 
if (e.TargetItem is ContentControl) 
{ 
DockingManager.SetState(e.TargetItem as ContentControl, DockState.Document); 
} 
} 

Query 2: 

Float should be tabbed at original location. 

We can achieve your requirement using the IsVS2010DraggingEnabled property as true.  Please find the attached video which we demonstrate that how to drag and drop the float windows back to the tabbed state in the same position. Please find the code snippet and sample for the same. 

Code Snippet: 

XAML 

IsVS2010DraggingEnabled="True" 

If we misunderstood your requirement, please provide more information regarding the requirement. It would be more helpful to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

SV Srikanth Vattipally October 1, 2019 06:39 PM UTC

Thank you for the response and the sample.

KP Kanniyappan Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team October 3, 2019 04:41 AM UTC

Hi Srikanth Vattipally,  

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you have any further queries, we are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Kanniyappan P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon