We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

droppedNode/droppedNodeData

Hello.

I'm trying to change datasouce data on drag-and-drop scenario of nodes of ejs-treeview control using droppedNode (nodeDragStop) events.

When I drop the node to some parent the value of args.droppedNode (.droppedNodeData) specifies new parent node, but when I drop node to the root (top level) of tree that properties (droppedNode/droppedNodeData) stores the previous parent value. 

How can I handle the dropping of node to the root of the tree?

3 Replies

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team July 24, 2019 02:41 PM UTC

Hi Aleksey, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

Query-1: When I drop the node to the root (top-level) of the tree that properties (droppedNode/droppedNodeData) store the previous parent value.  
Here while dropping a node to the top-level, the dragged node will add as Sibling. Hence it will consider the nearest li as its droppedNodeData. 

For example, Consider this demo, 

1. Drag Brazil and drop it nearby Australia as the root node.
  2. Here the droppedNodedata will be Australia’s node data

This is the behavior of our control.  

Query-2: How can I handle the dropping of the node to the root of the tree? 
Can you please let us know the following details 
  1. While dropping, what sort of operation have you done in your application?

Kindly share your code snippet or sample to replicate your issue. It would be more helpful to assist you better. 

Thanks, 
Christo 

AR Aleksey Rybakov July 24, 2019 03:16 PM UTC

Can you please let us know the following details 
  1. While dropping, what sort of operation have you done in your application?

I did not do any sorting

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 02:33 PM UTC

Hi Aleksey, 

It seems you have misunderstood our query. The actual query is while dropping, what kind of operation have you done in your application?. So, Please check and provide the details which would be more helpful for us to provide you the prompt solution at earliest. 

Thanks,
Christo 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon