We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataTemplate for CaptionSummaryRowControl

How do I bind a data template textblock to summary column value?

I have this data template

<DataTemplate x:Key="captionsummary">
            <Border HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Background="Red">
                <TextBlock Text="{Binding TCount}"/>
            </Border>
        </DataTemplate>

and this summary row

<sf:SfDataGrid.CaptionSummaryRow>
                            <sf:GridSummaryRow Title=" {Key} - ({TCount})" ShowSummaryInRow="True">
                                <sf:GridSummaryRow.SummaryColumns>
                                    <sf:GridSummaryColumn Name="TCount" Format="'{Count:d}'" MappingName="NameOrTitle" SummaryType="CountAggregate" />
                                    <!--<sf:GridSummaryColumn Name="AvgPrice" Format="'{Average:c}'" MappingName="UnitPrice" SummaryType="DoubleAggregate" />-->
                                </sf:GridSummaryRow.SummaryColumns>
                            </sf:GridSummaryRow>
                        </sf:SfDataGrid.CaptionSummaryRow>

if i use {Binding Key} it works fine for the text block but not if i use TCount

1 Reply

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team July 24, 2019 09:50 AM UTC

Hi Van, 

Thank you using Syncfusion controls. 

Currently we don’t have a DataTemplate support for GridSummaryColumn. So we have considered to provide support for “DataTemplate support for GridSummaryColumn similar to GridTextColumn” in UWP and logged feature request for the same. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.  

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Thank you for requesting this feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon