We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGrid row drag and drop error (converting circular structure)

Hello,

response on git is a bit slow so I'm posting my problems on this forum as well.

4 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 01:28 PM UTC

Hi Marko, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

we have validated your reported scenario.  The columns defined in Grid model will not be changed unless if we change the type manually. 
Please find the sample and screenshots for more information. 

Screenshots:  
Before editing: 

After Editing:  

If you still faced the issue, please get back to us with the following details that will help us to provide the better solution as soon as possible. 

1)Share the complete Grid code 
2)share the data model which is bound to Grid 
3)Please try to reproduce the scenario, in above sample, If possible. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 01:53 PM UTC

Hi Marko, 

Please ignore the previous update. 

we have validated your reported scenario. The circular reference error is not a grid related issue. 

The circular reference error will occur when serializing the POCO entities which refers each other. For example consider the relationship between the entities Order and Customer. Here the Order and Customer relation are referenced each other. 

When the JSON serializer tries to serialize the entity object “Orders” with above relation it will try to serialize it`s relational object “Customers” and while traversing the “Customers” object it discovers circular reference and throws circular reference exception. 

So we suggest you to ensure it in your sample and modify the structure based on this. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

MB Marko Bezjak July 26, 2019 10:01 AM UTC

Hello,

I am not really sure if I totally understand your reply. I would like to point out again... that drag and drop throws this error ONLY when I drag MULTIPLE items...if I drag one item the grid works NICE... and that this was not a problem in ej version 1 grid.

Br. Marko.

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team July 29, 2019 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Marko, 

Thanks for your update. 

We have analyzed your query. We need more details to proceed  further. We request you to share with us the following details for better assistance, 

1. Share with us the data model you are using.
  2. Share the full Grid code.
  3. Share with us the details of any customizing Grid events you have used in your sample while performing drag and drop.
  4. If possible kindly share with us a simple issue reproducing sample.
  5. Share with us the exact scenario you are facing this problem.

The provided information will help us analyze the problem, and provide you a solution as early as possible. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon