We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Spreadsheet not displaying

Hi,

I have created a spreadsheet prototype, following the guidelines in the Syncfusion documentation, but it's not displaying. I can't see what the issue is?

I have attached the relevant files.

Thanks,

Alex

Attachment: Dashparts_4f873dee.zip

13 Replies

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team July 24, 2019 09:22 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your provided code snippet and we are able to reproduce the “A page can have only one server-side Form tag.” Issue while rendering a Spreadsheet. Please refer the below link to know more details, 

For your convenience, we have prepared a sample and the same can be downloaded from below link, 

Could you please check the above sample and get back to us if you need any further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

AJ Alex Jermy July 25, 2019 07:45 AM UTC

Hi Vinoth,

I'm a little bit confused. I don't have the error you've quoted, and haven't mentioned that error in my forum post?

This is the error you quoted: 'A page can have only one server-side Form tag'.

The problem I'm having is simply that the spreadsheet is not rendering - it's displaying as blank.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Alex

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team July 26, 2019 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Thank you for the update. 

We have got this issue running your provided code snippet “A page can have only one server-side Form tag”. We have checked the sample in Spreadsheet and it is working properly in our end. Could you please check and let us know whether you got any console error or provide us video demonstration of issue to proceed further?   

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

AJ Alex Jermy August 5, 2019 01:08 PM UTC

Hi,

I managed to fix this issue. The problem was there was some conflicting javascript in the imported libraries (I think).

I tried removing libraries 1-by-1 and via trial-and-error I managed to get the page to display the spreadsheet.

Thanks very much. It might be worth telling other users more often that they could have a javascript conflict that is causing problems with the Syncfusion controls.

Thanks very much,

Alex

AJ Alex Jermy August 5, 2019 02:19 PM UTC

Hi there,

I am now experiencing an issue where data in the spreadsheet is slightly covered by some whitespace at the bottom of the page. The code is the same as the sample I attached above, but I have added more rows and changed the javascript libraries being loaded onto the page.

Thanks,

Alex

AJ Alex Jermy August 6, 2019 08:17 AM UTC

Hi,

This is a screenshot of the above issue.

Have you encountered this problem in the past? I haven't found it mentioned anywhere in the forums.

Thanks,

Alex

Attachment: Workpackage_Spreadsheet_8f0cb16.zip

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team August 6, 2019 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Good day to you. 

We have checked your screenshot and we suggest you set the height and width for the spreadsheet parent element as like in the below code snippet, 

<div style="height:500px; width:900px"> 
        <ej:Spreadsheet ID="Spreadsheet1" AllowImport="true" AllowFormulaBar="false" Locale="en-US" OnServerExcelExporting="Spreadsheet1_ServerExcelExporting" OnServerCsvExporting="Spreadsheet1_ServerCsvExporting" OnServerPdfExporting="Spreadsheet1_ServerPdfExporting" runat="server"> 
            <ScrollSettings IsResponsive="true" Height="100%" Width="100%" /> 
        </ej:Spreadsheet> 
    </div> 

Could you please use the above suggestion in your sample and get back to us if you still getting the same issue or need any further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

AJ Alex Jermy August 6, 2019 02:52 PM UTC

Hi Vinot,

I've already implemented scrollsettings and set the height and the width as 100%. My example shows this. If you check again the example I provide you will see this.

It is still displaying like in the example picture I provided.

Do you have any ideas as to why?

Have people encountered this problem before?

Thanks,

Alex

VK Vinoth Kumar Sundara Moorthy Syncfusion Team August 7, 2019 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Good day to you. 

As we stated in previous update, the cause of the issue is the height and width for the spreadsheet parent element. Please set the height for parent elements of spreadsheet. Please find the below code snippet: 

<style type="text/css"> 
        html, body, form, .control, .info { 
            height: 99.9%; 
        } 
    </style> 

<div class="control"> 
            <section class="info"> 
                <ej:Spreadsheet ID="Spreadsheet" runat="server"> 
                    <ScrollSettings Width="100%" Height="100%" IsResponsive="true" /> 
                </ej:Spreadsheet> 
            </section> 
            <section class="action"> 
            </section> 
            <section class="data"> 
            </section> 
        </div> 

Sample link: 

Could you please check the above details and get back to us if you need any further assistance on this? 

Regards, 
Vinoth Kumar S 

AJ Alex Jermy August 7, 2019 11:45 AM UTC

Thanks very much, that works great now!

Alex

AJ Alex Jermy August 7, 2019 12:05 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry it's still not working (although it seemed to initially).

I even tried to apply an '!important" on the 'height: 99.9%;"

Do you have any other ideas on what might be the issue? I am not having this problem with any other syncfusion controls.

Thanks,

Alex

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team August 8, 2019 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Alex, 

A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this requirement. Please follow up that incident for further updates. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B. 

AJ Alex Jermy August 16, 2019 02:21 PM UTC

Hi,

Following on from this I am still having trouble with Object Reference Exceptions.

My code is attached below.

Thanks very much,

Alex

Attachment: Dashparts_821e9c04.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon