We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to getan expanding event/callback

I am working with the TreeView and want to get a callback/event when the expand button
is pressed on a node (to fill in the children). I have not managed to figure out how to get this event.
What should I do?

2 Replies

KM Kanagambigai Murugan Syncfusion Team July 22, 2019 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Johan, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 
In TreeView, currently there isn’t support for event while performing expand action on TreeView nodes. We have already considered providing support for multiple events for the TreeView component in the Blazor platform. We will implement the events, NodeExpanding and NodeExpanded for node expand action and will include in our upcoming Blazor release, in the mid of August month. Until then, we appreciate your patience. 

Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Kanagambigai M. 

KM Kanagambigai Murugan Syncfusion Team August 21, 2019 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Johan, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We are glad to inform that our latest (17.2.0.46-beta) NuGet package release has been rolled out. We have provided support for multiple events for the TreeView component. We have prepared a sample that demonstrates the NodeExpanding and NodeExpanded events of TreeView. 

Note: There is a break in the @ref functionality in Blazor with Preview 8. If you are accessing our component instance in code behind using @ref, you need to define both @ref and @ref:suppressField in all component’s tag-helper as shown in the below code snippet. Please refer to this GitHub thread for more information. 

<EjsTreeView @ref="tree" @ref:suppressField > </EjsTreeView> 

Kindly check the above sample and get back to us if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Kanagambigai M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon