We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Disable changing end date after editing start date

Hi,

After editing the start date, the end date changes. How can I disable this behaviour? I want to change the start date, but the end date should remain the same.

Best regards,
Tomasz Tomczykiewicz

Attachment: ganttinlineedit_27d9892e.zip

4 Replies

JA Jesus Arockia Sankaran S Syncfusion Team July 16, 2019 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

This is the current behavior of Gantt, in which start date, end date and duration values are interrelated as if one value changes other field values will be affected. We are doing some calculations while changing the values of these fields. If we prevent this automatic calculation, it will collapse the Gantt chart behavior.  

But these calculations are only done for default start date, end date and duration columns. If we add custom column with date value, these calculations are not performed. For custom column, we need to define different field other than default field values mapped in taskFields property.  

Please get back to us if you require further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jesus Arockia Sankaran S 

TT Tomasz Tomczykiewicz July 17, 2019 11:51 AM UTC

Hi,

I added two new columns to edit start date and end date. When I edit new columns, the displaying values are updated but the JS object is not updated.

Additionally, the endEdit event is not fired.

I attached my example.

Best regards,
Tomasz Tomczykiewicz

Attachment: ganttinlineedit_89e945d9.zip

PP Pooja Priya Krishna Moorthy Syncfusion Team July 18, 2019 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

We analyzed the provided sample, we are able to reproduce the reported issue. Hence we logged a bug report for this. You can track the status from below feedback link. 
We will fix this issue and it will be available in our July 30, 2019 weekly patch release. 

Regards, 
Pooja Priya K 

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team August 7, 2019 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

Thanks for your patience. 

The reported issue has been fixed and the fix was included in the package version v17.2.40. Please find the release notes from below link. 

Please upgrade the Gantt packages to the higher version in your application. 

Regards, 
Gurunathan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon